Monday, January 10, 2011

Backtracking, illness plus a lesson in how coins can REALLY add up

Hey all. Yes it's been a while. I'm sick today (Monday OR to most of us ... National Championship Day). Truth be told, I really have zero motivation to blog, but I'm laying around the house and figured at least I could let my fingers be productive.


Let me back up a few days. I'm not going back too far because frankly I don't remember and don't feel like it. :(

I will say though that last week's dieting (and no-drinking weeknights) went very well.

On Friday, Josh still didn't feel like himself. We ate dinner and camped it on the couch. He went to bed early and I soon followed like at 10:30 (I did have two Bacardi and diets this night). When I woke up Saturday, my throat hurt. Like sinus stuff so I wasn't too worried. I had worked out every day last week and had planned to take the day off anyway. So I got up, did LOTS of organizing (drawers, the office files, etc.). We also transferred all the coins from this HUGE water cooler container that Josh kept them ... I mean this shiz has been adding up for the last 10 years. Seriously. For the sake of getting rid of the container to give us more closet space in the office's closet and to make some $, we moved it all to tupperware to exchange at Coin Star. I mean really we weren't going to roll it.

This is what we came up with:


A LOT of change
I showered (still not feeling tip-top mind you) and went to Harvey's for their Coin Star. The result - nearly $600. I kid you not. I mean I was FLOORED. I thought it would be about $250 but no (after $50 service fee) it came out to $540! How awesome is that? Granted it took me like an hour to change it all but STILL. Along the way, random people tried to come in and take part (by standing behind me and trying to see the monetary figure on the screen). Like I was playing a video game. Um no thank you. I'd turn around and ask, "Do you need to use this." They would say "No I'm just watching." Yes. Exactly. This is my money pal. I'm not playing friggin Dance, Dance Revolution. Go.Away.You.Nosy.Ass.
When I was all done, this ditzy cashier yells out, "how much did you get?" I was like, "um a little bit." Lady, I STILL HAVE TO MAKE IT THROUGH YOUR PARKING LOT WITHOUT BEING ROBBED, stupid. It's times like these makes me REALLY hate people. Really.
So I left. Went to the bank to deposit. Ran some errands including picking up a new rug from Pier 1 (pics to come). By this time I was feeling pretty wiped. But we did dinner at Outback and afterward popped by Mary and Nevin's to say hello. We got home, listened to music and went to bed.
Sunday I woke up and felt like I'd been hit by a bus. I got up fed the dogs. Went back to lay down but decided I had to get up ... to go throw up. It.was.terrible. My throat was on fire and I was achy and weak. Sick. No doubt.
BUT I had a rare interview at noon for the Humane Society. I made myself get up and shower. Josh actually had to drive me because I felt SO bad/weak. When that was done I went home and got in bed. That's pretty much what it's been like since. I did peel myself out of bed to do some work and make an emergency run to the grocery store.
Here's the loot:
I mean ... I'm looking for relief.


I love this stuff and, right now, it's the only thing I can drink ... other than COLD water. It's smooth and frigid. Love it. And it's supposed to help boost your immune system.
Honestly, I can't even eat or drink OJ because my throat is so raw. It's terrible. Josh was great to me. And so were the pups.
My caretaker. Yes. She's laying on my chest on the couch.
So this is pretty much where I'm at now. Sick.sick.sick. Trying to take another nap. I'll holla later. And WAR DAMN EAGLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment