Thursday, March 3, 2011

Catching-up

Oy. What a week! I posted about my weekend on Monday and now it's Thursday. It's been super crazy.

So rather than taking you back three days ... I'm going to press on from here. I can sum things up for ya though:

Monday through Wednesday
- Work
- Work
- Work out
- Dinners with J
- Chill
- Bed

That's pretty much how it's gone. You haven't missed much. Although Monday I was invited (and couldn't turn down) a wine pairing/Italian food tasting for Bella Italia, this local group of Italians and Italian wanna-bes. It was awesome. I even think I made a friend named Sorrell.

Enough about that - MOVING FORWARD! Or at least to Wednesday. I worked through lunch but left at 4 p.m. to hit the gym for quads/biceps. I am still wary of doing squat and didn't want to push it (plus the bercitis in my hip has been acting up). Instead I borrowed a move from my functional training day. Sled time.

This is roughly 60 lbs.
Strap it on and pull it all the way down the driveway. Then you turn around and do it backwards. Repeat up and back - four times.

In other leg highlights, I've worked up to 200lbs on the leg press. I was shocked but I did it a full rep, 12 times. YAY. From the gym, I got dressed and met J for dinner at Ruby Tuesdays and then home to chill. Great, productive day.
Thursday was crazy busy at work. Later, mad chaos erupted on the Interstate. About 2 p.m., Josh called to tell me an 18-wheeler had jumped the guard rail and plunged 40 feet to the river bank. Needless to say, the driver was dead. All very dramatic. And it's things like this that make me a nervous wreck ... knowing Josh is out there.
Anyway, we did a story on it. I'll post some pictures tomorrow. It was crazy.
Other than that, I just did triceps/hamstrings at lunch and some cardio. Home for dinner and early to bed. See I told you that you didn't miss much. : )
Hopefully, I'll have more interesting things to report tomorrow. BUT I'm glad I caught up.

No comments:

Post a Comment