Hey folks - happy Sunday. : )
I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I have been sick since Friday. Ugh. And, here I thought that I had avoided the spring crud. Apparently not.
It's sucked. I know it's sinus or allergies (what's the difference between them anyway?). I haven't had a runny nose or anything like that infact it's the opposite ... it's pressure. My face hurts. Throat hurts. Then the general fatigue makes everything worse.
I tried really to have a normal, productive weekend even though my body was working against me. On Friday, I went to work and came home. I was so drained. I didn't work out ... but I was fine with it. I relaxed, we grilled and I went to bed early hoping that I would feel better Saturday.
I didn't. It was worse. But I made myself get up early and clean the house. I also did laundry. When I finished up I ate soup for lunch and FORCED myself to go to the gym. I could only manage light cardio - two miles on the elliptical. It's better than nothing, right? When I finished, I hit up Bed, Bath & Beyond and also Publix for groceries. I put the stuff away and rested for a bit.
I wasn't sure if I was up for dinner but I really wanted to do something with J. We decided on Longhorn and it was yums - I had only had soup all day. I started to feel better (maybe from the food or possibly from the cocktails - haha!) After dinner, we stopped in at Zachry's, a restaurant near home, watched basketball and listened to a band. Then it was home to bed.
Sunday - I STILL DIDN'T FEEL BETTER. DAMN IT!! And, this really upset me because Sunday was the day we were meeting with Jennifer Page, a photographer and friend of mine, to take pictures of our family. It was for a really good cause ... to go toward heart worm treatments for a puppy that her sister adopted from Animal Control here.
We made it ... I really had to pull it together. It was a challenge - not just feeling bad, but it almost rained.
I think we got some super shots. I cannot wait to see them. EXCITED!!! The experience though completely drained me. Afterwards, I came home, changed and got in bed. That's where I'm at now. Oh but before I got into bed I took this cute picture.
Ah. So that's me. I'm really hoping that I'm better tomorrow. I don't want to have to call into work. We'll see.
Q) Have you had the spring "crud" yet?
Q) What's your favorite sinus meds? I've been taking Sudafed (and feeling majorly cracked out!)
I had the flu last week if that counts. I'm still not 100% from that. I think my body is pissed and is holding on to stuffy nose nonsense. I hope you feel better ASAP, lady!
ReplyDeleteI think I have the spring crud now - BLAH. I don't feel well at all. I'm glad you got out despite your sickness and hope you feel better ASAP!!
ReplyDelete