Hey all, happy Tuesday! I hope everyone is well.
I'm just truckin along with my eye on the weekend. But first, let me take you back to the weekend I just finished.
Sunday was a great/extremely productive day. I got up early, cleaned the house then tackled the closets, drawers and tupperware clothing storage. I divided everything up into things to sale (yard sale) and winter clothes to store. It took a WHILE, but I'm so glad that's done. It was a perfect day for it .... all cloudy and rainy (at the beginning).
From there, I went to Target and looked around for tile for our bathroom at Lowes (no decisions yet). By the time I got home, it was such a nice day ... it totally cleared up. I had to get out in it (with the pups). We took a family walk around the block. So nice.
Poor Byron's little feet can't keep up and he has to take rests : )
After we went home, we ate dinner and chilled. I TRIED to read a couple of new books I downloaded but my Kindle's screen was frozen. I assumed that it just needed to be charged. Nope. I plugged it in to several different outlets and into the USB port of the computer. Nothing. That had me worried but I put it on the back burner until Monday. Overall, it was a nice, relatively low-key weekend.
On Monday, it was work (of course) and Kindle investigation. After multiple discussions with tech support, it became clear (at least to them) that my Kindle was in an "irreversible coma."
My own reaction went something like this:
Terrible news, right? I mean, I JUST got it in December. I will give it to the tech support - they're VERY good. They must have had folks that have come completely unglued on their asses in the past because they tread so lightly.
Seriously, they could write the book on consumer soothing. They kept apologizing and throwing around phrases like: I know what you're going through. I'm here to help you. It's going to be OK. This is so upsetting. I do apologize, Mrs. Adkison.
:) Sweet.
So, bottom line: I have a warranty, they're sending me a new Kindle (it should arrive TODAY), I won't loose any of my stuff. Pretty much the best case scenario considering. I'm pretty sure chick on the phone would have driven here to Brunswick to HAND deliver it (possibly while licking my feet) if I had asked.
A friggin plus Amazon.com!
Other than that trauma ... I just worked out at lunch and did weights after work. I went home and hung out with the fam. I did snap this ADORABLE picture of Byron to share. How frigging cute is he? I'll leave you with this.
Q: Have you ever had a meltdown over a product malfunction? I know I make fun of it but Amazon was pretty awesome. They were more sympathetic than most in people I know who are in the funeral industry.
Q: How cute is Byron with his "woof"?
Multiple choice here:
A) ADORABLE
B) SUPER ADORABLE
C) CUTEST PUP ALIVE
D) All of the above
- Hehe - That was his Valentine's Day present from me. Keats got the XOXO heart but Byron tore hers up. Sad.
No comments:
Post a Comment