Let me start by taking you back to Tuesday. After work, I went to Erika's birthday shindig at Delaney's (super nice restaurant on St. Simons). It was me, Mary, Nevin, Louie, Erika, Shanessa and Lou's friend, Matt (who I INSISTED on calling Mark all night - whoops). Josh had to work late. Boo. But in his stead, we ate, we drank, we ate some more. Tre magnific.
Erika during the singing portion of the evening
It was super. I think Erika really enjoyed it. Then it was home and almost immediately to bed. Tuesday I did a 5:45 a.m. workout (getting back into those) and by 10 p.m. I was a ZOMBIE.
Wednesday I woke up and honeslty I wasn't feeling quite tip top. Too much drinky that I'm not used to on the weeknights and stayed up until 11 p.m That's just so not how I roll anymore but it was totally worth dragging ass the next day.
And I did. I did work out though at lunch. I did quads and biceps like a good girl ... after work I went home and crashed. I was in bed, asleep before 9 p.m. - much more my style. Ha!
Thursday I felt GREAT. I was rested, not hung over and it was St. Patty's day. Since green is my favorite color, you know I love this. It's everywhere.
I also love the fact that even "amateur" drinkers come out to enjoy it. (More on that later.)
I did another early workout and deadlifted 80 lbs. PB right there! I also ran three miles. LOVE doing all of this before 7 a.m. It's DONE.
The rest of the day was standard - work, work, work. BUT after work once we were off, Josh and I went to Loco's on the island. They had a band, Honey Blue. We ate dinner, then the restaurant started to fill up with the aforementioned amateurs. Most were older people. It got to the point that Josh and I (still eating) were surrounded by people. This one older couple asked if they could sit in the two empty seats at our table. Uhh ... I wanted to say, "we're eating dinner, lady, it's not like we're sitting at the bar. No you can't sit at our table." What did I actually say? "Sure." I know. No back bone. But it just wasn't worth it. We finished eating and left to meet Erika and Louie at Catch 228. We proceeded to drink more whilst playing Bingo (for a $20 bar tab). We didn't win, of course. Still SO much fun.
I am the one closest to the camera. Notice all of Erika's Bingo cards.
Four. She didn't win.
Me and Josh. I'm wearing my Temple Bar shirt we got in Dublin two years ago.
We packed it in around 11 p.m. which didn't put us home until 11:30 p.m. and not in bed until midnight. Oy. Again totally worth it but, next week is going to be back to TAMENESS at the Adkison abode.
I have no backbone either. Ryan on the other hand, could care less and says whatever he is thinking. He has no filter. I like to think we balance one another out. Glad you had fun! Sounds like a blast! Awesome on the PB too!
ReplyDelete