Oy.
To speed it up ... I'll summarize the week: Work, working out, learning more about basketball (brackets, etc) than I ever thought I would. That was about it.
Now moving on to the weekend, well to Friday. On Friday, I got back to my early morning workout and did another Insanity mix. It's hard. I did another three miles with weight circuits in between the laps. Once that was done, I got ready and went to work. At lunch, I had plans to meet my 83-year-old friend (Miriam). She's just adore her ... fascinating person. She was a journalist and raised three sons (one, Paul, has Downs Syndrome). We had a great chat.After work, I beeped home and offered to take Josh out for a drink (he just got his bonus). We drove over to St. Simons and met up with Mary and Nevin (both MAJOR Mephis basketball fans). We watched their game and had some drinks. Then Josh and I picked up some to-go orders (ahi tuna from Outback for me) and headed home. I got up early Saturday and got ready to go to Jax with Ash. She wanted to go to the Dillard's big clearance sale. I just wanted to piggy back on her gas tank and go to Costco. Haha! I keed.
We did go to Costco and it was HI-LAR-IOUS. As we called it, a "comedy of errors." For instance, we finally got out, went to pack her car and our freezer bags ripped. Ash had to go back in ... meanwhile I was standing in the parking lot being honked at by over-eager shoppers vying for a space.
A-holes.
30 mins in the store 45 trying to pack the car. Geez.
So we FINALLY get it all in ... it looked like this:

Stores from all over the country send their surplus to this store to be sold. I found a pair of Seven jeans (light black and not my size) for $20. Bargain much? Oh yes. But honestly we didn't have a lot of luck. I got a pair of cute/funky shoes for $25 (reg. $90). Ash didn't get anything ... and for her, this is huge. After the Dillard's visit, we headed back to Brunswick. Such a great day with her.
Once home, I had to get ready for our happy hour with the "Lovely Lanes" - that is, Jeff and Karen just two of the sweetest folks around. We met at Zachry's (down the road from us) and had drinks on the screened porch whilst listening to an AMAZING band. They played great music Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Atlanta Rhythm Section. FUN!

After the Lanes left, we got another to-go and chilled at the house. I knew I had an early workout with Ash on tap so I had to get to bed at a resonable time PLUS the whole "spring ahead" BS. Blah.
Well, I was going to keep going but I'm EXHAUSTED. I will try to do better this week.
So we FINALLY get it all in ... it looked like this:
Love J's beer there - 24 pack of bottles for like $15
After that fiasco, we grabbed lunch and headed to the mall. Ash tried to prepare me for the sale - but still WOWZA. Here's a taste:
Stores from all over the country send their surplus to this store to be sold. I found a pair of Seven jeans (light black and not my size) for $20. Bargain much? Oh yes. But honestly we didn't have a lot of luck. I got a pair of cute/funky shoes for $25 (reg. $90). Ash didn't get anything ... and for her, this is huge. After the Dillard's visit, we headed back to Brunswick. Such a great day with her.
Once home, I had to get ready for our happy hour with the "Lovely Lanes" - that is, Jeff and Karen just two of the sweetest folks around. We met at Zachry's (down the road from us) and had drinks on the screened porch whilst listening to an AMAZING band. They played great music Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Atlanta Rhythm Section. FUN!
Enjoying the music
After the Lanes left, we got another to-go and chilled at the house. I knew I had an early workout with Ash on tap so I had to get to bed at a resonable time PLUS the whole "spring ahead" BS. Blah.
Well, I was going to keep going but I'm EXHAUSTED. I will try to do better this week.
I always say I'm going to post more and never do either. Hah! Sometimes life gets in the way. Sounds like you had a fun weekend!
ReplyDelete