Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Brew Ha, Ha, the highlight of a busy weekend

I was planning to have an extremely low-key weekend and I did Friday - We just chilled at home, had some drinks and watched TV.

On Saturday though, I got sucked into fun AND I'm not complaining. It was great though. I got a text from my girl Brandee who was in town (we used to work together until she left me for a job in Atlanta). She wanted to go to Coastal Kitchen's Brew-Ha-Ha which is a fun beer tasting with bands at the Marina. So I said - why not, ya know? Before that I had to squeeze in three miles (running near home) and I also did Ab Ripper X. I also ran by the grocery store and TRIED to get a nail appointment in - that didn't happen. Too long a wait. Everything else went well and I met up with Brandee around 4-ish.

It was awesome to see her. She looked fab, as always.


We hung out, sampled beer (which doesn't mesh well with the ol diet but it was a "special occasion" - my life must be hella special - seems like I've been celebrating A LOT lately).

Terrapin who's slogan is "Smoother than a Bill Clinton apology"

The musicians set up here

Later, Larry and Erika made an appearance. Josh was golfing but when he finished he was going to come by ... but it started getting chilly so I decided to go home change and pick Josh up. We zipped back by on our way to Loco's for dinner. We hung out with Lou and Erika while listening to a very good Bon Jovi cover band.


We had fun!

I really liked the Magic Hat #9 ... tasted like apricots

Erika and me

That was fun, but it ran late - after 8 p.m. and I was STARVING. We went to Loco's where I gav e in to some chips and queso. Damn. I followed it up with a blackened chicken salad without dressing but still ...

From there, we went home to hang with the pups. We were asleep before midnight. YAY! At least I was able to keep it tame!

Q: Do you like beer tastings? What's your favorite "fancy" beer?

Q: What was your favorite part of the weekend?

4 comments:

  1. Fun times!! Magic hat's a yummy one! I also like strawberry blonde, harp, raspberry sea dog - there's so many!! Gourmets are the bomb!!! (love how strong they are!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am super picky about beer. I don't like it to taste too beer-y. I am a HUGE fan of Boulevard Wheat though. It's a local beer and it's amazing!

    The best part of my weekend was meeting up with my old Sorority sisters at Power and Light in downtown KC. Such a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had that Strawberry Blonde with you Kel - it was good!

    Super fun Ty! I miss my sorority sistas!! We're so spread out now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with ya-I love gourmet beers, too! I'm a big fan of Abita Beer's Pale Ale, as well as Blue Moon (with an orange slice) although it's much more common. Hmmm...a cold beer sounds SO good to me right now you have NO idea!

    ReplyDelete