Friday, November 12, 2010

Diploma arrivial + running + car shopping = OH MY!

Alright so let's pop back to Wednesday

Work = standard. I did two elliptical miles at lunch. I also threw in some shoulder, bicep and ab exercises. I left the office a little after 5 p.m. and I had a lovely white box waiting for me on the porch. Oh yes. It was my diploma. That made it a stellar day. 

Here's a photo to prove that I'm a bona fide master (master of what ... I dunno):


So exciting. 

Josh came home...we played with kitty (outside) and loved on the pups (inside). Then we went to Longhorn for dinner. I ate mine and loved it. Josh however had a major case of heartburn that sent him reeling (and to the bathroom). Bless him.

(Sidebar: He hasn't been taking his medicine. He's been out of it. When I asked why he didn't call to refill the prescription, he replies, "That's what I have you for." Oh really. "Well, I can't get your meds if I don't know that you're out. My omnipercipient button has malfunction.") 

We packed up his dinner and headed home. We played on the computer, watched TV and turned-in at a descent hour...not too early. OK, OK it was around 11 p.m. - ugh! I've really got to get back into the swing of going to bed early. 

Then it was Thursday....moving closer to the weekend. Thursday was good, standard...again. I was tired all day from not getting enough sleep the night before. 

I went to work...did the elliptical at lunch. Other than that, I was conducting major auto research. My car is still great and I love it. But it's got 118,000 miles on it now. If I'm going to get anything out of it, I need to get rid of it soon. So the car I want is a 2010 or 2011 GMC Terrain. I just love it. I haven't driven it and we're in research mode...but I LOVE it. 

Here's a peak:

I just adore silver cars. I like this shade and the darker, "gun metal" look too. That took up a lot of the day (outside of work). Looking at the pros/cons. But it's exciting! I've never bought a car before. Fun! 

Other than that, the high point was grabbing take out Thai. Loves it. And whilst there I ran into my co-worker, Nevin. I guess it's true - "great minds think alike." He was there getting food for he and his wife, so we got to visit while we waited. Oh and that wasn't the only "by chance" run in this week. I also ran into Ashley (whom I haven't seen in WAY too long) in the Target bathroom. Crazy, huh?

I digress. But honestly that was Thursday. From there, I hung out with the fam, ate my Thai and called it a night. 

On Friday, I was up and at em. Fielding e-mails and such before 7 a.m. - whoop. I rolled into work all decked out in blue and oragne. I SERIOUSLY hope we give Georgia a good beating this weekend. And, don't get me wrong, I usually always pull for UGA - I'm a fan by proximity - but after the week we (Auburn) and more importantly Cam has had...I'm out for blood. 

So yeah.

Anywhoo...I churned out some stories. At lunch...I went to the gym for triceps and a three mile run. I actually took pics this time. And you can see I'm running slowly these days - damn hip pain. 

At 2 miles:

At three:
Not terrible. It felt better than most of my recent runs. I've been having some pretty terrible pain lately. But I'm doing a MRI Monday morning so hopefully we'll know what we're dealing with. 

As for the rest of Friday...I don't know yet. It's 4:38 p.m. I'll def. holla back tomorrow!

Happy weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Great runs! That car is awesome but HUGE little Lindsey!! haha I think the gun metal color sounds fab. Buying cars is fun, stressful but fun - I know you'll make a great decision. Keep us posted! And of course, congrats on the diploma!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks honey. I want/need a huge ride. I have two pups to tote around!

    ReplyDelete