Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Byron's hair cut, T-day prep and a ridiculous encounter

Happy Thanksgiving week...


It's rolling along and it's a short week so that's awesome. I'll also get to see my folks - super excited.

Let me tell you about Monday first. It started with me driving little Byron to the groomers around 7 a.m. so that meant that I didn't do a morning workout. And of course, I had to pick him up at lunch so that nixed a lunch time work out. I actually didn't make it in until after work.

It was worth it though - little BB was adorable. His groomer also went on and on about what a great client he was....naturally, that made me a little suspiscous. Like, are you sure we're talking about the same doggie.


Happy pup
The rest of the day was standard... I worked, I worked out and went home to start the Turkey Day prep. I was cooking for Josh, my mom and my dad. But, being me, I like to have everything cooked by Thursday so all we have to do is re-heat and eat. I couldn't do much on Monday but I was able to do the desserts. I started there. I made Josh's favorite - chocolate pie - using my great-grandmother's recipe. I also spent some time cleaning up then turned it in.
On Tuesday, it was more of the same...working ahead at work....prep work at home. I went to the gym at lunch and on the way...this is what I saw.

Seriously. Dude has attached a Stop sign (which I'm pretty sure is illegal). And he used it to navigate his way through intersections.

The rest of the day was just about work and then home to cook. I made the veggies for the dinner - field peas, purple hull peas, creamed corn, turnips, etc. I had ordered the turkey and ham from Honey Baked Ham so that wasn't a big. I just had to do the bread Thursday. Very exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment