You would be correct. It's not.
But let's jump in....shall we?


I'll start with Wednesday - which is ususally happy - it's date night. It's fun and I look forward to it all week. Josh usually forgets it. But that's OK as long as we go, have a great time, eat, etc.
This time, however, it went in another direction. Downhill to be exact.
First - BACK to the first part of the day - I got up, went to work and everything rolled along smoothly. I went to the gym at lunch ... where we lost power. Fo real. It was dark for 10 mins. Not cool when you're on the elliptical.
That was the tip of the iceberg.
So I had - what I believed to be - a great idea. Why not test drive the ol' Terrain? That would be a great after work activity, because I should stop obsessing if I don't like the way it drives, right? Right. I go. I get it. I take it home (got it overnight so J could drive it). And he does. He says it drives a bit "bumpy" which I don't notice because he says my car is also a "bumpy ride."
We go to dinner and stop in at Brewburger - new place which serves mostly...yes, you guessed it - BURGERS. We have a cocktail and I move to discuss the car. This would be where the miscalucation comes into play. Turns out, Josh is not really into it. At all. More pointedly, he's not into a car payment and doesn't feel we can afford it. From there, any kind of conversation was difficult. Impossible really. I was ill. He was ill. It was bad.
Sidebar: I'm not trying to air our dirty laudry. Or place blame (although I was right because I always am - J/K!).
People fight. It happens. And...that night, it was happening to the Adkisons.
There seemed to be no way to stiffle it, either. Every bitter remark fueled another bitter remark. I think we both tried to end it, but seriously, it wasn't happening. It was like a ping pong game...except we were batting insults back and forth instead of a ball.
We were pissed and that was that. Even so, we refused to pack it in and wanted to salvage the night. We did make it to dinner at Arte's pizza - right down the road. That wasn't enjoyable either. It mostly consisted of each of us trying to make the other feel worse. Another ping pong game.
Set. match.
I spent the remainder of the night wishing that I'd never laid eyes on the car...much less brought it home. (Oh but since I did I might as well give you a look-see since you won't be seeing me driving this any time soon).

* It looked bigger in the other pics but honestly it's smaller than my Tribute*
After dinner, we rode - in silence - home. We moved to our separate corners and basically, that's where we stayed. I went to sleep at about 9:30 p.m. - sad and angry.
Thursday - I awoke in much the same mood. Sad that the night had gone bust. Angry that we fought. ANGRY at the things he said. ANGRY at myself for the things I said. Just miserable all the way around. Not a good way to start the day.
I dropped the car (couldn't get rid of that thing fast enough), did some work and went to the doctor's office. It was time to figure out the deal with my hip. Labrum tear or no. I waited. And waited. And waited. For. an. hour. Then I was taken back into the "little room" where I waited some more.
Dr. Dunn appears and declares that he still feels that I have a tear even though he doesn't see one on the MRI. He does, however, see a collection of fluid around the area that indicates a tear. : (
This is only the beginning of the fun.
There is also bursitis. I have that too. Here's your anatomy lesson for today...the "bursa" or "busrsae" in plural form is the area in light blue (on the left of the chart below). Bursitis is a condition where this little sack (the bursae - plural) becomes inflamed and causes pain.

Then, it was also discovered that I have "snapping hip syndrome" or "dancer's hip."
What. a. shock.
BUT this condition has been going on with me FOR YEARS. It has happend since I was in elementary school. And it's actually awesome to finally have a diagnosis. I've always described it as my hip "popping out of joint." And it's excruciating. Totally excruciating.
Dr. Dunn explained that this pain happens when a tendon slides back and forth across the bone or "greater trochanter" for all you smarties. This becomes "snapping syndrome" where the band/tendon thickens and catches with the motion. The tendon is too thick to move seamlessly across the bone. Plus the underlying bursae (there THEY are again) become angry and it hurts like HELL. It's common in dancers and other atheletes who do strenuous things to themselves. So yes. This visit was an eye opening experience. More than anything, I'm thrilled to know about snapping hip. It was always such a mystery.
Now what to do with all this new-found knowledge? Nothing. Nope. Not a thing. No surgery - whoop - no cutting down activities - whoop - Na-da.
Basically, they are all grin and bare it kinds of things. Which is fine. I was able to score some new anti-inflammatories for the bursitis. He also mericifully gave me a cortizone shot in my right hip. Now some people think shots are insane. I'm here to tell you though if you had this kind of pain day in and day out, you'd welcome it. It didn't go into the joint (that is SUPER painful). It just went into my skin. The relief, though, was instant. Thank you, God.
The bad news - that can only be done so often. It only lasts for three weeks max. : (
OK so now I've begun to realize that this post has run SUPER long and has probably given you an overload of anatomy info. I just wanted to share. I know some of you have asked (in person not on here). I appreciate your concern.
I'm gonna wrap things up now and I'll pick back up tomorrow. Holla!
Awww Lindz! I hate you are in so much pain--physically and emotionally! Maybe you should pants Josh, because there is NO WAY a fight can continue when that happens. :) I hope your granny hip gets better, too. Although, I would like to add that you wouldn't have to worry about those types of things if you just sat on the couch and watched Real Housewives of Atlanta like the rest of us. Love you anyways chica!
ReplyDelete