Sunday, November 14, 2010

AU vs. GA and a trip to Jax

I was right about Friday ... not much happened after the last post. We grilled out and watched "Meet the Fockers" (hehe - LOVE that movie series - so cute). AND there was a bit of a love connection off screen. 

Byron is OBSESSED with the cat. Not so much in love (although we call her his girlfriend). But definitely obsessed. 

Check this out:

 

Byron knows she's out there


And there she is - this shot is through the glass of the back door

We pried Byron away and hit the sack. It was a long week with a big day Saturday! 

Saturday was Ga v. AU game. And EVERYONE here is a hard-core Georgia fan. So our Auburn Club gets together and watches the game together - you know, strength in numbers. 

So being that the game was set for 3:30 p.m. everything had to revolve around that. I cleaned the house then I worked out. I ran four miles a ellipticalled two for total of six. Then I did some chest and ab work. I showered and headed to Target to pick up some stuff then dashed home. From there, we packed it up and headed to the island. 

We had a small turn out (club wise - like 10 people) but my girls Mary B and E.C. showed up to lend their support to the tigers. OR at least enjoy drinks while I lended MY support. : ) It was a super fun time...even though we were in Bulldog country. 

The only thing that went array was that the three of us were sitting on the bench ... Mary and EC got up and my weight was all that was left. I nearly face planted but instead I quickly (surprisingly quickly for being three beers deep) shifted my weight. Bad news though - the bench slammed down on little EC's toe. Ouch. It looked terrible. Swollen. Bleeding. Oh my. We had to get ice to as well. 

Mary B, Erika and me - all smiles even after the injury


Me and J

After we won the game (it got ugly at the end ... punches were thrown - eek), we went home or rather to Zachry's to eat and watched the South Carolina and Florida. We hung out, went home and stayed up WAY late. It was fun...a little too much fun. Ha.

Sunday was another fun day. I woke up at 8:45 and got ready to meet Mary B and EC again for a girls' shopping trip in Jacksonville. Whoop. I did some laundry and got ready. The girls swung by and got me. 

First we hit up PF Chang. I made Erika take a picture - she felt like an idiot but I didn't care. Nor did Mary. Ha! 

Mar and me

We hit up Express, Victoria Secret and Pottery Barn. Then, Mar took us to an amazing, magical place - Cost Co. Oh. my. Sign me up. Such great prices. Such great items. And the samples. I never believed it could be that way. Erika and I decided we could totally live between the bread and wine aisles. 

We finished up shopping and headed back to the Wick. Meanwhile, Josh was golfing and making new friends. He teamed-up with some older guys who lived in our vicinity and they asked him to meet for a drink (at Zachry's - of course) after the game. They had a good time but that was derailed by an uber-drunk guy that was going around and making trouble. Josh encouraged the management to toss him out. They didn't. Then he collapses on the floor. Like DONE. Josh and co. have to "revive" him and called an ambulance. Talk about a buzz kill. After that, J headed home. 

We made shrimp for dinner and called it a night. Another WAY eventful day down. Looking forward to chillin this coming week!

No comments:

Post a Comment