Sunday - Josh woke up sick. Like really sick. Stomach bug + hangover = bad. He definitely had a stomach bug in addition to having a tad too much fun Saturday. It lasted for DAYS.
So we had planned to drive back to Brunswick, but there was NO way that he could make the trip. We didn't. We called into work and Josh spent the entire day in bed.
I tended to him (when he was awake) but otherwise I had a great day. I ate breakfast, hung out with the parents (who I talked into ordering pizza for lunch). Oh my. I had a complete meltdown...and ate 6, yes 6 pieces, of veggies pizza. It was amazing....it's worth being fat for that. Then, I napped in the sunshine on a lounge chair next to the pool. Ahhhh....
The rest of the day I watched some NFL action on the screened porch and just chilled. Later my mom and I watched Celeb Ghost Stories on the computer. For dinner (like I needed to eat again) we did Subway. Yum.
A perfect day for me. Lots of food with lounging and no exercise. YES!
Monday wasn't as fun. We woke up early and hit the road. Josh drove most of the way (even though he was still feeling puny). I worked on my Blackberry...I even wrote a story on it! We rolled back into town around 4 p.m., got the house straight, and went to the grocery store.
And I checked for kitty. She was no where to be found. Her food was gone though. So I wasn't sure what was up...
Anyway, we ate dinner and hit the hay. Josh was just pitiful, which made it obvious that it really was a stomach bug and not a hangover.
Tuesday I got up and dashed into work. PLENTY to do but thanks to my Blackberry I was able to accomplish a lot on the way home Monday. I didn't take a lunch but headed out a little early. I got in three elliptical miles and a three mile run.
I grabbed some steamed veggies and shrimp from China One and headed home. Josh and I ate, I showered. Then I peeped out the front door to the "kitty" area. That's where I had her little dish and bed set-up. And guess what...she returned! She was curled up in her bed. OMG. I was so glad to see her. I was afraid that she was gone for good.
Now I know that we don't need another animal. I don't really even like cats. I also know that she's going to have to be an outdoor cat (and we're going to have to get her fixed). Still, I was glad to see her. And she was glad to see me. She jumped out of her bed and came running ("meow, meow meow"). She got lots of food and lots of love. Here's a shot of her on the first day she came by:

If we do decide to keep her...well I don't think that it's our decision it's more if SHE decides to stay. She'll be named Shelley. Then we'll have Keats, Byron and Shelley. The trio would be complete. Too bad the dogs aren't kitty fans.
No comments:
Post a Comment