Monday, November 8, 2010

One long weekend

Hey all - Hope everything is splendid over your way. Life has been dramatic and busy. Dramatically busy.

I'm basically going to break Thursday down VERY briefly. Ready?
• Work
• Workout
• Breakfast for dinner
• Sleep

How great is that? Well, I do have to mention one TINY thing that happened...a tiny furry thing. When I got home, there was a very loud, very hungry tabby kitty at my house. She was SO loving and acted as if I was her long lost best friend. She ran to me and rubbed all over my legs.

Naturally, I fed her. She was such a sweet heart. I couldn't resist. And Kitty was extremely grateful. In fact, she was so grateful that I'm pretty sure we had a new cat....which wouldn't be terrible. She'd just have to be an "outdoor" cat. She hung out in the garage all night. But went MIA on Friday. That was ALSO the day that we had to leave around 1-ish to go to Enterprise. It made me feel TERRIBLE because I just knew that kitty would come back and I wouldn't be there.
:* (
She'd feel abadoned. I did leave a ton of dry cat food (yep, went shopping for Kitty. She got a really nice plush bed too). Geez I'm a sucker.
I left the food, water and bed. We rolled out around 1:30 p.m. Friday with the pups in tow. It was going to be a busy weekend...no doubt. We had two weddings and a baby shower on the radar. Of course, that didn't all happen for us. But we had the best of intentions.

Anywhoo...

Fastforward to five hours later, we made it to Enterprise. Josh and I unloaded the "kids" at my parents' house then it was on the meet the fam plus Megs and Clint at Mellow Mushroom.
Josh and his mama
Me and my lil' Mama-To-Be

We had a great time...eating, drinking, chilling and talking. We called it an early night and got ready for the activities in the morning.

Saturday - Josh went golfing with friends and I did a four-mile run. Slow as molasses in January but I did it. Whoop. After that, I chilled with my folks and did lunch. Then it was time for the baby shower. My mom and I went And, Kel and Nancy (Kel's mom) was there too. Megs got a ton of bay-bay loot for little Ava.
                                                                           Me and my girls
                                                              The girls and our mommies

Once the shower wrapped up, we had to prepare for yet another wedding. We decided that we could only make it to the local wedding. The other was my sweet friend, Shena, who tied the knot in Florida. But Josh's best friend, Aaron, did his vow swappin in Enterprise. They just had a public reception and a private ceremony.
We picked up Kelly on the way. It was a great time. So nice to see all of our old friends.
Here are some fun shots:

The fellas

Josh, Jeff and John

The happy couple - Mrs. and Mr. Hempe

Me, Kel and Jen (with baby Carroll in tow)

My honey and I

After the par-tay...Tyson, Josh, Kel and I hit a couple of Enterprise hot spots (if Enterprise has hot spots) and called it a night. A GREAT time was had by all. I wish that I could have made it to everyone's event. But what ya gonna do? I know that Shena was beautiful and I can't wait to see pictures! 

No comments:

Post a Comment