Hey dolls. Long time, no type.
I've got loads to cover ... so let's get to it. First up, the company par-tay. That was Nov. 16. I know, dipping way back.
Eitherwhoo. Kiewitt decided that they would treat all the fellas for their hard work by taking them out to a nice dinner at Bourbon Steak at the Aventura Country Club. *Super swank*
There were a lot of people that I hadn't met yet so I was super excited to go. AND look nice whilst doing it. SO I got a little obsessed about finding the right outfit, accessories, nail polish - blah, blah, blah. I mean, I'm always a little anal retentive about things but ... when you have no job, your ... uh neuroses tend to run a bit wild. Hence the week-long search for a necklace to go along with a dress. After multiple purchase-return runs and a ridic number of pictures sent to Sarah for her approval ... I finally got it together.
Sidebar: I really wanted to wear a red necklace with my (black) dress but Josh nixed the idea because Auburn was playing Georgia that day. Meh. SO green it was. I also wanted to get a spunky nail look done. I went to a new nail place called Neo Nails. It was AH-Mazing. Not only did they do a fab job on my teeny, tiny nails ... they pretty much give you bottomless champagne/wine. (Haha. I only had one).

Loved this look ... but wasn't really loving it on my toes. The girl did a good job. It just looked funky.
By the time I was done, it was like 3:30 p.m., Josh was home and the Auburn-Georgia game was on. I ran home, watched some of the game and got ready. (Auburn was doing pretty good when we left but that all changed on the ride over.)
This was the end result of the mad outfit search. It wasn't perfect but it was fine.
We left the apt and ran over to Brother Jimmy's for a quick drink and to meet up with Joe and Morgan. We shared a cab to restaurant - which took FOREVER.
But, once we arrived, it was super fun. Of course, Josh and Joe had to sneak out to check on the game, which in our absence, had changed quite a bit from even where we were in the car. Georgia was thisclose to winning it. Then a miraculous play turned the tide in our favor. So crazy.
With the game over, Josh was free to enjoy the evening. And enjoy we did.


Me, Morgan and Christina
(she is the office assistant for the Kiewitt office and set it all up)
It was so fun. We cabbed it back. Joe and Morgan turned in and we (unwisely) went out in Brickell with some of the other guys and gals. Poor choice but it was fun. It wasn't fun Sunday ... but Saturday late-night was pretty happenin. Ha.
We hit the hay super late and were pretty stagnant Sunday. BUT preparations shifted into high gear come Monday. The Belgians were arriving on Thursday ... so yes, once again my OCD was running rampant.
I was all over the place, trying to get it together. To help me out, I got a care package from my MIL with Thanksgiving goodies along with corn meal from Alabama for the bread/dressing. Super sweet and SO helpful. I was using a couple of her fab recipes that she makes at the store. And now I gots the goods. Hurray.

By Wednesday, everything was in place. Even my sign ... which says "welcome" in Spanish.

I was SO excited. It was like Christmas Eve when you're a five. Just unable to sleep and totally buzzing with energy. Not to mention, I was getting a text from Ineke saying that they had made it to Paris.
They had to get up at 3:30 a.m. then take a train to Brussels, then to Charles de Gaulle for their flight. She texted me to let me know they made it ... I woke up and checked it. Then I was good to go to sleep. Only 9 hours and they'd be here.
They had to get up at 3:30 a.m. then take a train to Brussels, then to Charles de Gaulle for their flight. She texted me to let me know they made it ... I woke up and checked it. Then I was good to go to sleep. Only 9 hours and they'd be here.
Excitement was abound!


No comments:
Post a Comment