Day 3: Dolphins v. Panthers. We got up and moving, packed a cooler and headed out to Miami Gardens for the game. I wanted to be sure to get in a little tailgating before we went into the stadium.

It was a lovely day. And I was wearing my Proud 2 Be (Cam Newton Auburn shirt). We always pull for the Dolphins unless they are playing Carolina. In which case, Cam wins.
So we settle in and have a couple of brews, listened to music - the standard tail gate scene. Josh and I found Tijl and Ineke's winter coats in the trunk so we had to play with them.

Started sweating right when I put it on

Tijl looks totally 'Merican here

We took some photos with the stadium (they thought it was big). And got ready to take our seats.

Kinda looks like a (white) rap video.
Right when we were trying to go in ... security vetoed my purse (a SMALL Coach swingback). So I ran it back to the car ... and twisted/sprained/generally effed up my ankle in the process. I did, however, get a couple of War Eagles along the way. That made it better.
We got settled and started watching the game. It had much better special effects than the pre-season game. Small pyrotechnics, a huge flag on the field during the national anthem and a flyover from fighter jets. During the game, we spotted this guy. I had to get him to take a picture ... which, I believe, became the defining photo of the week.
And this one.
We watched, (they) ate hotdogs and drank light beer. Just like real Americans - haha.
After the game, we stopped at Outback and had dinner. Then headed home and caught that night's episode of The Walking Dead. Fantabulous day. Perfection.
Day 4: Shopping in Aventura and Sunrise.
When I opened my eyes Monday morning, I was certain that I was going to have to go to the doctor. My ankle was KILLING me. I was terrified that I had broken something. It hurt SO bad. Josh took the pups out and I got up, took some meds and wrapped it up.
It felt better and we made it out on a pretty yucky day. Leaving the city, we drove through Wynwood to see some of the walls.
Then we hit the mall. Aventura first so the kids could get their iPhones from Apple. The store, as per usual, was super crowded.
The salesman thought we (all) were from Russia. Seriously, wtf dude?
From there, we looked around. The boys found a Maserati they want for Christmas.
Santa photo bombed us.
Lunch that day - Chili's. Oh yeah. You have to remember ... they don't have any of these American chains so it was all new to them. They really seemed to like the food. They were much less impressed with the beer. Ha. Ineke did like the non-hoppy ones. But I know how it is ... when something isn't "your thing" others just aren't as good. Totally get it.
After lunch, we hit up Total Wine and Target for Thanksgiving supplies. We came home and put the groceries away. That evening we beeped over to Midtown for Five Guys (for them, the Daily Melt for me) and drinks at Louie's. Super fun.
We headed home and went to bed.
Tuesday = South Beach!










No comments:
Post a Comment