Friday, December 6, 2013

Day 8: Black Friday and Day 9: Goodbyes : (

We all woke up with a bit of a food hangover. So I served up mimosas (with rose champagne this time) and we headed out to battle the hapless masses.
 
We first stopped by Wal-Mart (in Doral). Good Gad, y'all. In fact, I told everyone that day that I was wearing a camo top because we were pretty much marching off to war.
 
It wasn't that bad. We got in and out. Ineke needed to get a bunch of teeth whitening strips for her relatives/friends (they aren't sold there). Then we headed to Dolphin Mall, which as you would expect, was a ridic.
 
 
"Getting out amongst um" as my Dad would say
 
  
 
 
When we finished, we finally made room for lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings. They got to take in a lot of pre-Iron Bowl hype. Then we headed home to relax for a bit.
 
Last pic on our porch.
 
We left the casa around 5 to do Happy Hour at Fados then dinner at Casablanca's, where I actually caved and had fish. I felt guilty the next day ... but it was SO GOOD.
 

 
While we were eating, we got a text from Joe and Morgan who were going out in the Village. So we decided to live it up on their last night. We first went to the Blue Martini and got some great pics. It's a hip place.
 

  
 
My all-time fav picture of us.
I love the way our hands are and that just happened.
 
Joe and Morgan were at Fado SO we went back again. And had good times with them.
 
  
Just love little Morgan, even if she was an Alabama cheerleader ; )
 
We headed home around midnight. It was the perfect ending to a fabulous time together. Of course, I was sad - as usual - when we have to part. But I knew they had to get back to their house, country and language.
 
Poor guys had to speak English the entire time. I seriously don't know how they do it, especially while drinking. I have a hard time with it ... and I only know one language.
 
Day 9: We slept-in and had breakfast. The kids packed up and we watched another Harry Potter.
 
Then we headed to the airport. I knew it would be super crowded the Saturday after Thanksgiving and I was right.
 
But, on the way, we saw this guy. A green-ish Rolls Royce with a black guy in a hoodie (it was up) and a massive, blinged-out watch. I seriously think it was Kayne who was in town with Kim Kardashian over the holiday.
 
 
I'm sure they appreciated my staring.
Either way, whoever was inside was a obviously a pretty big deal.
 
We dropped them off, gave big bear hugs and I teared-up (as always). Then we booked it home to get ready for what would become the greatest game in football history and an epic win for Auburn.

We were going to go to Joe's and watch it with them but didn't make it in time. We stayed home ... and screamed, hid under a blanket (me) and threw things (Josh). And like the other Auburn faithful, we lost our minds on the last play.
 
We weren't planning on going out but I convinced Josh to go have a beer with our friend, Erick. He may have been more excited than we were. 

Erick is an attorney here and super nice guy. We met him at Brother Jimmy's one night and became fast friends. He's from LA but went to Tulane for undergrad so he's familiar with the South.
 
Eitherway, he and Josh had a few shots. Ha. Then we called it.
It was an AMAZING night/week/9 days. Icing on the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment