Thursday, December 12, 2013

Football and Christmas

Hi dolls. I hope you're all well. Things are certainly good here, especially as far as football goes. But let's go back to last week, most of which was spent in the euphoric high of the Iron Bowl win.
 
On Friday, we had dinner at Perricone's and a little hot tub time after that. 
 
 
Yay relaxation.
 
Poor Josh didn't have to work Saturday - a rare occasion. But we turned in early and let him get some much needed rest. I went to yoga with Carlos then practiced on my own afterward.
 
Keats got into the action too.
 
 
Working on eight angle pose. The bottom needs to come down a bit.
 
 
That afternoon we ran errands and got ready for the big game, the SEC Championship. Auburn v. Missouri. I was so nervous. Actually, we all were. Can't you tell?
 

The calm before the storm.

 
The game started and we looked really good. I mean incredibly good. But we made a lot of stupid mistakes and failed to take advantage of some great opportunities. Either way, after officially feeling like the longest spectator even of my life, we came out on top.
 
Unbelievable.
 
 
I think he was in shock. After last year, it was not what we expected at all.
 
But the real shock came later that night. We went to grill on the balcony and were listening to the Ohio State-Michigan State game. If Ohio State lost, then Auburn would become number 2. And play for the national championship.  
 
  
 
 
We swam and ate dinner ... then watched in disbelief as Ohio State proceeded to lose and we catapulted to number 2 ... and the National Championship game.
 
Holy shit balls. We're going to the 'ship. This was the scene in Auburn. Toomer's Corner was rolled twice ... once for the AU win and again for the Ohio State loss.
 
 
I still don't believe it. I really don't. It was an amazing night. We even looked up the prices for the game ... uh yeah, we won't be going. The tix start at $400. Um no.
 
Sunday we bummed around the house then beeped over to Doral - Dolphin Mall - to see The Hunger Games (Catching Fire) in their IMAX theater. It was my favorite book so I was excited to see how it was going to translate to screen.
 
 

They did a really good job and the IMAX cinema was amazing. I'd never been to one before. It really was something. After that, we did a little Christmas shopping and had dinner.

All in all - a LOVELY weekend. I just can't believe Christmas is 10 days away. How did that happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment