Friday, December 6, 2013

Day 5: South Beach

The Beach. Oh yes. We woke up ... I did a big ol' Southern breakfast ... eggs, hashbrowns and biscuits. Then mimosas. They had never had them before ... but they were fans.

Initially, we had planned to take the boat over to the beach but after Saturday's drama we thought it best to stay on dry land. We hit up the ever-popular Lincoln Road. We walked around and they confirmed that it was, in fact, very European. We stopped in at a big candy store and stocke up on sugary/sour goodness. It didn't last 30 minutes. 

From there, we walked over to Ocean Drive to go to Wet Willie's. Along the way, I had to stop and buy a tank top because it was SO toasty. It was hard to dress that morning due to cloud cover but it turned out clear and HOT. I had to change. AND I bought the most touristastic thing around. A SoBe shirt. But it's the only one I have so once we leave ... I'll still have it. Memories.

After that, I met the kids at WW. J and I had Call-A-Cabs, Tijl had ... um the blue one?

 
And Ine, being her usual, sensible self ... had nothing. Oh to be sensible.

Then it 'twas beach time.


Me and my tourist shirt that's way too small but was the only decent option.
 
 

We also wandered onto the gay beach. It wasn't planned but Josh's face was priceless. He wasn't scared, I guess he feels there is strength in numbers. He's not a homophobe by any means, he's just afraid - like so many of other straight guys I know - that someone is gonna hit on him. I'm like "trust me sweetie, nothing about you suggests homosexuality."
 
But we did manage to see girls topless (surprisingly a first here) ... and that made it OK. Haha.    
 
 
We also made sure to hit up the key places.  

 
Apparently DASH is moving/expanding and is closed now. This is the new store front.
 
 
When we'd finished, we beat it back to Brickell. We ordered pizza, had some drinks and watched "The Godfather." Splendid.

No comments:

Post a Comment