So by now, I've come to embrace the fact that I'm only capable of updating twice a week - once at the beginning and once at the end. Let me start with this week's wrap-up by saying ... DAMN. I mean REALLY - what a week!
Monday started off fine. Standard Monday. It sucked.
I ran before work and made good time. 5K in 26:21.

Not too shabby. STILL hoping to make 25 mins. and "change" by July 4's Sunshine Festival. We'll see. I haven't been running on asphalt - I need to start again. It's just hard when there's a TV screen right in front of your face and you can watch the news/movie and just chill (well as much as you can CHILL whist RUNNING). It def. helps take my mind off the fact that I'm doing something challenging. Big plus. I did my strength routine at lunch and then back to work. Nothing spectacular. Surviving on Monday is as much excitement as I need.
Tuesday was standard again. Not much to report. I did my light cardio that morning. I worked out with Jim again ... this time we did quads. Oh. My. God. It's Friday and I'm STILL sore.
The rest of the day was about work then home to Josh. Yada yada.
Wednesday was when things started to pick-up. I know that I was talking smack about the duck mating process last week ... but when you see the result it's worth it.

HOW FRIGGIN CUTE ARE THEY???
I've been feeding them bread since we met Wednesday!
I really hope that cat that has claimed us doesn't find them. I'd freak out. I swear I'm going to have a menagerie before too long. : )
So back to the day's activities: Work, worked out (back and rear delts) and did dinner with Josh. Little did I know that back in Alabama (home state) things were getting rough, weather wise. Tuscaloosa especially. Ironically (since I'm an Auburn fan), I was born in Tuscaloosa while my parents were going to the University of Alabama there.
An ENORMOUS tornado hit and the damage was unbelievable.

Thursday I woke up to see this sort of devastation all over the news. It was really depressing. I feel so bad for all of those people. : (
The storm came our way later but it wasn't nearly as severe. It was raining hard in the afternoon and I didn't bother to even work out. My legs were still sore and I was feeling funky.
However, I did cook some stuff for my co-workers in honor of the royal wedding. I know, I know. I can't help it though. I was TOTALLY swept-up in the whole thing. The preparations, the speculation, the drama. I loved every minute leading up to it. I think, mainly, it's because they both seem so real and truly in love. *Cheeseball alert* They remind me of my relationship with Josh. It's just comfortable and honest. You can tell. DEF. NOT the Dianna-Charles deal.
I decided to bring in a couple of English treats for my office mates. Today I got up around 4 a.m. (yes I'm used to getting up early but I POPPED up today). SO excited. I hit the gym. I did triceps and ran 6 miles before the vow swapping ended. Score.
Then it was home to get ready for work and gather my treats. I did healthy blueberry scones and toffee bars. I also unwrapped mini Heath bars (I had to get rid of the extras from the toffee bars) and put on a platter. I used these wanna-be silver trays Ash and I got from the Dolla Store. It actually looked fancy - ha!
I had to rush in to work but still I missed the kiss. Thankfully it's been on repeat on most news channels. Here's one of the photos AP is circulating
I just thought everything was perfect. Good for them. I hope they have a great time tonight. So yeah, that's been my week up to this point. Very ready for 5 p.m. today!
Q: Did you watch the wedding? What did you think of the dress? I liked it. I really did. That's surprising because I usually don't like sleeved gowns.
Q: What are your weekend plans? I'm not sure yet which is kind of cool since we're gonna be booked solid for the next few!
I LOVED her dress! I truly just love everything about Kate. I didn't realize how much I really liked the lady until this week. She's just fabulous!
ReplyDeleteI know - still can't believe those tornados. I mean really. :(
ReplyDeleteI didn't watch - fast forwarded a bit - quite the production. They looked super happy and oh so British - love that. The guests' hats rocked my face, too.
Nice job on the running!!