Sunday, April 24, 2011

Weekend rewind: Yard sale, date night plus EASTER!

It's Monday again. Time to grit the teeth and muddle through, right? So far I had my bedroom circuit blow leaving me without power (and Matt Lauer) as I was getting ready. Can't wait to see what the rest of the day brings. *sarcasm* 

Anywhoo - I had such an amazing weekend that, honestly, I don't mind Monday that much. It was G-R-E-A-T. 

I believe that I left off Thursday so I'll pick up with Friday.  I had a good work day (covered a senior citizen Easter bonnet parade at the multi-purpose center ... ADORABLE). Then it was home to prepare for our yard sale. Ash and I were doing a joint yard sale from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. Saturday ... just trying to get rid of some crap. 

Well I did set up and spent the rest of the evening relaxing. Ash was having a stressful day and opted to come over early to get her stuff out. 

The alarm went off at 6 a.m. AND I promptly smacked it, reminding it that it was Saturday ... totally not thinking about the yard sale. Whoops. Then at 6:15 a.m. my eyes popped open and I tumbled out of bed. I rushed around to get ready. By this time, Ash was there so we set her up. Drama, drama. A few folks were there before we were out and ready. 

We had good foot traffic and Shelley, the cat, kept us company. She also contributed a dead cardinal to the mix (no one bought it).

Later on, I was admonished by a "customer" for referring to my clothing as "petite" in the classified ad. Um yeah. I'm 5'3, 125 (on a good day) and I'm petite. However, not ALL my clothing is technically "petite" so this bitchy old lady (who was not petite in any way, shape or form) wanted to know where my "petite" clothes were. I explained that I wasn't selling any true petite clothes and that term was just a word I used to describe my size of clothing. 

She rolled her eyes at me then left. I was SO shocked but more pissed. Who the hell does she think she is? In my garage, rolling her eyes at me. 

Other than that the sale went well. I made about $25 per hour for three hours (which is much better than working my "real job" and I got rid of a lot of junk). Not all of it. 
As Ash put it, "sometimes another man's crap is another man's crap." Ha! 
I plan to consign some of the remains and I donated some of it. AND sadly some of it found its way back to my closet, which is definitely not where it needs to be. 

After that, I ran errands and worked out. Then it was date night at Tramici's with J. Awww.... it was delish.
 
Grinning like the Cheshire Cat after this AMAZING salmon dish

We grabbed Ben Hur from Blockbuster on the way home. We watch it every year (but now can't find our copy.)  We stopped by Zachary's on the way home. There I was delighted to discover my girl, Jessica Holloway, singing and playing the piano with Soul Gravy. Love her. She's SO talented. And so is her sister, Sarah (who was also there). We hung out with them and closed the bar down. Total blast!  
I'm a talent sandwich with Jessica on the left and Sarah on the right

After that, it was back to the house to stay up too late, drink too much and listen to more music. Still it was FUN and I loved it.

Sunday was Easter. Yay for Jesus! (And bunnies and eggs, apparently.) I got up early to get a jump on the festivities --- and to put out J's basket. I was SO excited. 
 
Beer, chocolate bunny, candy 
and tickets to the Player's Championship in Ponte Vedra - he was FLOORED!! : )

I cleaned and made lunch: Peas, cream corn, turkey (from Honey Baked) and potatoes. Yums. Then I put it away, went to work out then came home, showered, reheated. We watched our movie and had some Easter wine. 

Then it was nap time, more eating, then to bed. AWESOMENESS!!! I took an oath that I would do my diet right this week and no booze!! Let's see how that goes. 

4 comments:

  1. Great Easter basket - so cute that you do that for each other! Nice $ on the yard sale - and looks like a fun night with friends! And WHAT a bitch about the petite - geez!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kelly, what a B!

    I ran into a total B at a hotel over the weekend. We asked about a military discount and the lady said the active duty soldier needed to be present because too many wives stepped out on their husbands there. WOAH! I will be complaining. Just rude and totally uncalled for. I was also there with my parents which made it more obnoxious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. : ) Thanks girls!
    AND YES - T - what a bitch!!! Hate um!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and Kel ... notice there is no shot of my Easter basket, cause I don't get one. BOO!! But I'm going to the Players too (which I bought a new outfit for) so that was a gift. Ha!

    ReplyDelete