Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Weekly ramblings ... duck rape and Easter prep

Hey kids - I hope your week is moving along well. We're almost done. Whoop whoop.


SO it's been a descent week. A few peaks and valleys. But (with Friday in my sights) it's all OK.

Monday was one of those aforementioned valleys. It was more of a bastard than usual:

- My phone was acting up.

- Didn't get up early to work out.

- My stomach hurt.

- I was tired and cranky.



In short ... it sucked. I DID work out that evening and (thankfully) got to vent to Ash whilst doing it. Then it was home to unwind with Josh and chill. Much needed.



Tuesday was a better day all around. I got a lot done at work and worked out with Jim at lunch. We're starting to phase in my new routine. This was back and rear delt day. We changed up some of the standard exercises but kept a few. It was a great workout. We also decided that I would incorporate sprinting into my running schedule. Eek.



After work, I went to the gym for my light cardio. I LOVE these days. I just walk and read. It's beautiful. Much better than the planned sprinting. Ha! Tuesday was another chillaxed night. I went to bed early.



I got up ready for the day Wednesday but not (apparently) ready to hit the gym. I was uber sore and opted to stay at home and focus on stretching. That used to be my biggest strength. I'm still "bendy" but it's certainly not as easy as it used to be. I need to spend more time on it. But honestly, how? I really am investing all the time I can in the whole fitness thing. I just can't squeeze anymore time into it.



Anywhoo. I got ready and was about to get in the car to go to work when I noticed something strange. I'm sure you remember me mentioning the ducks who live in my neighborhood. They're super cute. They form lines and waddle across the street. Adorable - unless you're in a hurry, then you're tempted to flatten them - on the whole I love having them around. That is, until Wednesday.



This is when I noticed something truly disturbing. These two male ducks attacking a poor female duck. It was so frightening that I felt the need to intervene and "rescue" the girl duck. * Ala´ drive the boys away. *



Later, it dawned on me that this violent display was infact duck mating (no candles or Marvin Gaye here). I've heard that it was dramatic but this was downright scary. Much flapping and squaking.



After a quick (albeit overwhelming Google search) I found more than I ever wanted to know about duck sex. For instance, a male duck will rape a female and even drown her in the process.





No means no fellas


I also discovered that the male duck grows a penis just for mating season. Once it's done the deed, the penis falls off. True story.




So, there you are. Now you like ME ... know entirely too much about duck sex.


You're welcome.




Back to Wednesday. It was just a regular work day. Then quads/biceps at lunch. Later that afternoon, I went to a birthday party for three (pretty "with it") 100-year-olds. Well, one lady turned 101. (It was for a story ... I didn't just show up). But that was interesting.




I went home and scooped J up and we went to dinner on the island. We also enjoyed an after dinner drink at Palm Coast. Great night!




So now it's Thursday and I'm trying to firm-up our Easter plans. We always do the same thing. I started it years ago when I first moved here. We cook a big lunch, complete with Champagne. Then we eat and watch Ben Hur. Oh yes. It's perfect ....




I ordered our turkey from Honey Baked Ham. Now I have to decide on our side dishes. I wish I could get "fancy" with it but, as we know, J likes it basic. And basic it will be.




I've also got to put together his Easter basket. I do one for him every year. It's a good basket. I fill it with golf balls, 5Hr Engeries, beer, movies or games, orange and blue (Auburn colored) grass, candy. I use a "manly" basket and dress it up (then repurpose it afterward).


It's awesome. Of course, I have yet to get a basket in return. *sigh* It's still fun for me though.


* What are your Easter plans? Do you like making baskets? I love it and I'd love it more if I got one back!*What's your thoughts on Duck sex? LOL. I'm kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment