I appreciate the enthusiasm for the amazing, sheet folding tutorial! I was obviously thrilled. I just love when I take the time to seek out the answer to a legitimate issue (and then, I actually find it). SO satisfying (of course, considering I make my living as a reporter, you'd think I would get this kind of rush often). :)
I decided to come up with some other "everyday problems" I was having and find their remedies as well. I was reminded of one Wednesday morning when I poured my coffee into the cup only to discover, yet again, coffee grounds in my m-f-in coffee. Why? Why is this happening? It's not a cheapo coffee machine and we haven't had it for long. I don't use it all that much (I'm the only one at our house who drinks coffee daily). It's not like it's overworked and can't handle the pressure. I don't think the coffee machine is pooing ground in my pot as a show of resistance.
I decided to investigate. After Googling for about 20 mins., I found several things. For instance, I learned that coffee grounds are really versatile creatures. They're good for composting ... stopping bleeding ... and (so they say) eliminating cellulite. Hmmm. But I was not, however, able to find out how to stop coffee grounds from getting in my coffee. Well that's not true. I did find one suggestion: Get a new coffee maker.
Moving on ... so on Wednesday I did my usual routine. I got up early and ran three miles at my new gym (Anytime Fitness, right around the corner from casa Adkison). At lunch, I went to the other gym for weights. It was quad/bicep day - AKA the most miserable day of my week. Got through that and went back to work. Then, my favorite part of the week - date night with Josh. We had a coupon for Ruby Tuesday so we went there. It was lovely. We had drinks, more specifically, I had wine. Francis Ford Coppolla wine - a yummy $8 glass that they gave me for $4 (they were out of what I ordered Josh would divorce me if I ordered an $8 glass of wine). It was delish.
And yes, I know that I'm supposed to abstain from wine. It doesn't jive with the diet and all. I've been letting myself have wine once a week.
I had two Wednesday. That's not all. In full disclosure, I had two Tuesday night too. And Monday. And Sunday. Wine is the Richard Burton to my Elizabeth Taylor. I know it's bad for me but I cannot stay away. I'll do better next week.
In my defense, I didn't drink Thursday - whoop! I was a good girl, did my daily workout. And I also tired a new recipe for Josh. Ravioli. I figured it was a safe dish to try - a grown up version of his Chef Boyardee favorites.
Here's an idea of what it looks like (not my actual bake) and, let me just say: Yums:

I had never made it before but it was outstanding. I wish I could have eaten an entire plate (or six). Alas - it was chicken and veggies for me. After that excitement, we just hung out and went to bed early. Can't wait for the weekend! I'm hoping I will just be able to chill but obligations are starting to sneak up on me. Blah!
Q: Are there any household mysteries we should solve together?
Q: What are your weekend plans?
No comments:
Post a Comment