Thursday, April 14, 2011

The potato recipe and one stingy doggie

Hi friends! I hope you're doing well. I'm making it. I've been busy (clearly, since I haven't blogged since Monday). 

Let me start out with that recipe I promised you. The roasted red potatoes:


Here you go:

Ingredients

  • 1/8 cup olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
  • 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C).
  2. In a large bowl, combine oil, garlic, basil, marjoram, dill weed, thyme, oregano, parsley, red pepper flakes, and salt. Stir in potatoes until evenly coated. Place potatoes in a single layer on a roasting pan or baking sheet.
  3. Roast for 20 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, turning occasionally to brown on all sides. 
This was just awesome. Loved it. And so did Josh, which is amazing considering how picky he is ...

Now on to the weekly happenings. I'll make it snappy since I have a lot of ground to cover: 

Monday
- Work 
- Worked out/ran three miles
- Relaxed at home (J had to work)

Tuesday
- Work
- Light cardio and weights
- Cooked and hung out with Josh 

Wednesday 
- Early morning run -- still haven't had a run like last Saturday but it wasn't too bad. 

I also took three minutes to warm-up walking on this time 

- Did legs and biceps at lunch 
- Met Josh for dinner and drinks at Buffalo Wild Wings
- Went home and chilled 

That didn't take too long. Whew. So now it's Thursday. It's been a good day. I'm going to head to Jim's gym (ha) to get my new workout plan. (Can't wait to share). We're still gonna focus on building muscle and cutting fat BUT we're going to implement speed training into my running. Jim said something about running on loose sand at the beach. 

Ugh. 

ANYWHOO - I have to show you these pics. Too funny. First the backstory: I gave the "kids" bones this morning. One for Byron and one for Keats. And, true to form, this was the result:

Such a stinker
Two bones in that little mouth!

Q: What are your weekend plans? I have to work - boo. But, it's covering Relay for Life so honestly it's not that bad. 

2 comments:

  1. aw look at that stingy baby with both bones! LOL Reuben will take Remy's icecubes, even though he doesn't like them, and guard them until they melt. eek! I have an evil one! haha

    The recipe looks yum - glad Josh liked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahaha! What a funny guy! Don't you love their little personalities?! I can't wait to hear about your new workout plans! Have a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete