Sunday, May 1, 2011

Chilllllllllllll weekend

What up, playas? Hope your weekends were wonderful. Mine was extremely "restorative." It was all about chilling out and relaxing. 
Let me just say: Misson accomplished. 

First of all, Friday evening, we met-up with Louie for drinks and conversation. We owed him since we couldn't make his fun birthday dinner. We had a great time chatting. Josh and I grabbed dinner and went home. 

On Saturday, I got-up around 8:30 a.m., bummed around, then cleaned-up a little. I made an somewhat (I'd been debating it) impromptu decision to get a massage. I was so sore, stiff and achy. It seemed the thing to do. So I did it. Ahhhh-maaazzinnggg. I really needed that. From there, I grocery shopped and went home to settle in for a CHILL night. We cooked out and went to bed early. 

I actually had also started doing something that I feel sure will become an obsession: Geneology. I've been meaning to start on it for months. I have an old (and when I say "old" I mean from the 90s) "family tree" book from my mom. It had just been sitting around but I got onto Ancestory.com and entered all of our information. 

So far, I've traced my Blair side ... my father's side back to the 1760s in Maryland. His mother's family is full-on German and I've found people born in the mid-1800s who immigrated from Germany. On my mother's side, I've gotten back to Lanarkshire, Scottland (McInnis). It's so interesting. 

Anywhoo ... for Sunday it was more geneology and another spa day ... but this time it was Byron who was going. He went in for his summer cut. Check the before and afters:

Before

After
Love the "lion head" -- so cute!

That was the day's highlight. I'm serious. It was a very relaxed weekend. I didn't work out and I'm refusing to beat myself up about it. I needed a break and I took it. I think some times that can be as hard as going to the gym!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are a little gangsta too! Well, I like to think I have a little swag to me. Bahaha! Byron looks like a little gentleman! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG look at that little lion - LOVE IT! And very cool about the genealogy - so interesting!! Have you found pics too? very cool.

    ReplyDelete