Oh Monday - how you always sneak up on me! I had a very good weekend - still don't want it to be over ... of course.
Let me back-up to Friday to give you the scoop. As I'm sure you know, Friday was April Fool's Day and also First Friday in Brunswick. Can't miss that!
During the day, I worked and worked out (just light cardio because I was S-O-R-E from Thursday). After work, I beeped home to pick-up Josh and then we went back to "town" for the event. We had two groups of friends there ... both of our 'work' groups were there - his and mine. That made navigating a bit tough. And honestly, I pinged a bit too much and it aggravated Josh. Felt that we weren's spending the appropriate amount of time wiht his folks - yada yada. I was just wanted to include everyone ... but whatev, all in all, we handled it. And had a blast!
We stopped at Brew Burger for apps and drinks, then took in a band at the So Glo Lounge. Here are pics of my and my girls:
Erika and me
Erika, me and Mary B.
Mary B and me (JEEEZ my arms look SO FAT!)
Like I said, we really had a good time and didn't make it home until 11 p.m. - wowza. Of course, I paid for all that excitement Saturday morning. Um yeah, didn't feel so great. Boo.
I had a lot to do though SO I loaded up on my "over-indulgance essentials." That would be Poweraide Zero (orange), Goody's powders, and Red Bull.
I refused to let the "fun" from the night before ruin my day off. I got it together and met Ashley for lunch at Fancy Q (sushi place on SSI). We had a great time catching-up and I did start to feel a lot better. From there, we checked out the Tibi store (totally out of my price range but still fun to look at) and parted ways. I ran to Publix then home. I even forced myself to do light cardio at the gym afterwards. But the rest of the day it was all about chilling. Josh and I hung out, played cards, grilled and went to bed early. SCORE!
Sidebar to the card game (which I lost): We had everything set-up on the back porch ... cards, drinks, a cheese and cracker tray. I don't eat cheese anymore so this was a big thing for me. It was windy and still sunny so we opened the umbrella for our patio furtiture piece. Well, a lizard must have been using the closed umbrella as its home because he fell out and directly in the middle of our cheese tray. W.T.F. Of course, I FREAK out. Josh laughs. I was so upset. Bastard scared me AND ruined my rare chance with cheese. BLAH.
So yeah - that sucked!
Alright fast forward: I felt loads better when I woke up Sunday. The weather was beautiful and I couldn't wait to get out and enjoy it. I hit the gym and FINALLY did my insanity workout.
I went home and cleaned then headed over to PetSmart (doggies in two) to pick up a new leash for the puppers. It's super cool. Basically you can connect both dogs to one leash. Here's a photo:

The only real issue I had was Keats speeding up and DRAGGIN poor Byron around. But it's still better than trying to hold two leashes by yourself - often a tangled mess. They were fine once they got the hang of it.

Then we drove over to St. Simons Island to walk around and enjoy the weather. There was an antique show at the park. We took that in. Then we went to Palm Coast (outdoor dining) and met up with Erika. After our chat, we headed home. It was just a fun day. Josh was golfing Sunday and when he got back we grilled ... and turned in early. Ahhhh - great weekend.
Q. What are your "over-indulgance" essentials? I told you mine ... I hate that feeling and I'm always looking for suggestions. Thankfully it's rare for me!
Q. What's your favorite way to take advantage of a beautiful day? I always try to involve the dogs. They like to get out too! We do the beach (lots of clean-up though) or walks around the neighborhood. They like to go new places best though. Such an adventure!
Sounds like a fun weekend! I love the pic of the babies in the park - PERFECT!
ReplyDelete