Hello everyone - I hope all is well. I had a stupendous weekend - did you?
Shall I start with Friday?
OK Friday. I woke-up at about 5 a.m. and did my insanity workout at the gym. I dashed home, got ready then it was off to work. Long day too, because I had to cover Relay for Life that night (only for a couple of hours ... I didn't camp out or anything that would have been a bit much).
It was also Nevin's last day. So sad to see him go but he and Mary are moving to Nashville. She's going to grad school at Vanderbilt - smarty pants. So we did lunch and took some ridiculous photos:

The gang ... Nevin is the darkest one in the picture.
Then it was back to the grind. After work, I sped over to the fairgrounds for Relay. It was beautiful, as always. 
I even found my grandparents' luminaries that I bought.

My grandmother had breast cancer and survived. I believe that my grandfather (the one who passed in February) died of lung cancer ... even though complications from pneumonia is listed as the cause of death on his death certificate.

The doctor found several spots on his lungs shortly before he died.
After the event and filing my story via aircard, I zipped by Larry's Giant Subs ... I was going to get a salad but I couldn't resist. One turkey sub on wheat please. Yes it was amazing. And I know that it's not "bad" for you (like 340 cals tops) but I'm not supposed to be eating bread so ... yeah. A little guilty about that. But I've been "slipping" a lot on the diet - and why not? I've been doing it for months. I'm starting to really miss some stuff. Bread mainly. I've also rediscovered why I was so addicted to the wine ... it's frigging awesome!
But I digress.
I ate the sandwich and went to lay down. I bought the newest Harry Potter for J so we popped that in but it took me 20 seconds and I was OUT. Seriously. I was SO tired.
Saturday was supposed to be rainy so I'd planned for an extremely lazy day around the house. I figured that was "allowed" if it was nasty out, but it wasn't. It was gorgeous. So I had to do stuff. Damn it.
I bummed around for a while though then talked Josh into doing his one mile run. He says that he wants to run a 5K so I TRY to help him. But he just doesn't listen. He pushes himself too hard and then doesn't run again for three weeks and does the SAME thing.
Drives. me. crazy.
I will say that this time he slowed down a little bit and did really well. I was proud. Sadly, I owed myself five more miles after that one. Since last Saturday's amazing 10K, I felt the need to dub all Saturdays "my long run days." I got to the gym and was not enthusiastic about putting in another five miles on the tready.
It showed too. This was by no means the magical run of last week. It sucked. But I did it. That made me proud. I went back home and got ready ... late in the afternoon we had a scheduled meeting with Bonefish Grill's manager. We're doing a graduation party after my ceremony May 22. It's just going to be a fun get-together of fam and friends. I'm really looking forward to it.
We went there to set the menu and we also did happy hour, which as per usual, turned into happy hour-S. We met-up with Jeff Lane, hung out and chatted. Then tried to plan something with the "kids" but everyone was going in different directions. We opted just to go back to our side of town (i.e. Brunswick) and hit up Zachary's. We did, grabbed a bite and listened to this really great guitarist. Super fun!!
Sunday - We slept in and had a lazy morning. I put off cleaning the house and, instead, got a mani-pedi. YAY!
After running random errands - like going to Target for a large curling iron - it was back to the casa to clean and watch my Tivo-ed "Criminal Minds." I simultaneously pre-cooked AND cooked Sunday night's dinner. Multi-task, what? : )
Oh and then I dyed (*oringally I wrote "died" ... I'm such an idiot) my hair. A darker brown. It was getting redish - I dunno why. But I loved the way it turned out. I'm always so nervous when I do it (as well I should be, that could be disastorus).
Overall it was a really great weekend. Too short as always!
My goal was to sleep in over the weekend. It didn't happen. Needless to say, I'm tired and I feel like I got jipped.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun weekend! Way to finish your 6 miler like a champ!