Hey all, I hope everyone had a terrific weekend. We sure did. Let me share by rewinding to Friday ... very cool day, overall. Work went well and my hip was feeling much better. Thank you new anti-inflammatory. : )
So I went to the gym at lunch and, after work, I went to grab my portion of the food items for our Ugly Sweater Party Saturday night. Unfortunately, I chose to go to Wal-Mart. Big mistake. As always but what ya gonna do? It's so much cheaper than everywhere else.
I spent WAY too long in there and it started raining. I made it home (soaked) and in need of dry PJs and a cocktail. Once I had both, we just cooked and chilled. I love those cozy kinda nights. ESPECIALLY when it's raining.
Saturday morning my eyes popped open early. I was uber excited - had a great day lined-up. It started with me making party food: Brocolli casserole (just because I had leftover soup, etc. from T-giving), bacon wrapped chicken, and pepperoni pinwheels.
Once that was done, I put those away, threw on gym clothes and headed out. I got three miles on the elliptical and shoulders. I worked really hard because I knew, come 1:30, all the "kinks" were getting rubbed out. Island Day Spa, on SSI, had a half off special this week and I totally took advantage. One 90 minute massage, please. I LOVE massages and get one whenever I can. But it's always the same way...once I lay down my mind races: "How long has it been?" "I hope it's not almost over" "What's that noise outside?" "Should I move so she knows I'm alive?" It was the same this day - all the burning questions - but enjoyable. I really needed that I could FEEL the knots in my shoulders. Ewww. I left feeling 100 percent and totally relaxed. I went home to prep for the party...shower, dress and go over early to help Ash.
It started at 7 p.m. and we had a blasty. About 30 folks showed up...a guest list of various people that all of us like.
Let me show you:
More work friends...Lou is apparently going to poor water on my head. Nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment