So it's Tuesday now which means there is two hours and then half a day until I'm on the way to home. Whoop Whoop.
But before I get all carried away with my holiday plans let me first tell you about Sunday and Monday.
Sunday was chill. We laid around and watched Tivo stuff as per usual...cleaned the house and then we drove "to town" (such a funny expression in 2010). We picked up some last minute gift items and then decided to drop in to Ruby Tuesdays in the mall for a beer.
Well we actually stumbled into happy hour, which was two for one - so we had more than one. :)
The bar tender also gave us a free Long Island Iced Tea for no apparent reason. Well maybe she was hoping for a bigger tip since we were just drinking ... she got that for sure! We watched the Jags lose to the Colts, the Cowboys beat the Red Skins and then the Eagles v. Giants. The Eagles were loosing by like 20 points which made me extremely happy because I HATE Michael Vick. I mean HATE him. I think that he should have been shot and ground up for starving pups after his whole dog fighting thing. Anywho, I can't believe they came back to win: W-T-F, Giants!?).
After the beers, we went home and cooked, chilled and wrapped gifts. Just a really fun, laid back day.
Monday wasn't as bad as a usual Monday. It was OK. Probably because I knew I had 2.5 days of work. That's motivating. So I went, I worked. At lunch I did a Target run and went to pick up a book for my nephew Hunter. I go to this fun little book store, Hattie's, downtown. The best part about the store is Mr. Wiggles (below). I just friggin love this dog. He just sits there with Marcia, his "person" all day.

Wiggles recommended "Diary of a Whimpy Kid" which I got. So that wrapped up ALL my Christmas shopping. YES!
The only down side was that I had SO MUCH to do after work. I did manage to squeeze in a workout - three miles on the elliptical with legs. I picked-up Firehouse and headed home. I had to pack, eat, do laundry, pack for the trip, wrap the dog's gifts (yes, we wrap them). Overwhelmed much? But it was all done. Sigh. I love Christmas but it's exhausting.
hehe cute pup! I hear you - not working IS motivating!! LOL Can't wait to hear about your Christmas - hope you're having a safe trip back!!
ReplyDelete