Sunday, December 5, 2010

Fun with friends, SEC Champs, and Christmas decorating

This has been a terrific weekend. I mean - wow. I don't want to let it end but I'm pretty content with it...I did it to da max.

Let's back track - Friday was fun because I knew Josh was returning from Denver - I missed him so much. That generated some excitement for the day. Of course, he wasn't rolling in until late, but better late than not at all. I went to work and did the gym for lunch. I had to book it back to the office for an interview so I just did weights...no cardio. : (
After work, I had planned to meet with my little tutoriees but their grandmother had unexpected errands to take care of ... we agreed to reschedule. That freed up some time for me to meet the kids for drinks at Coastal Kitchen for happy hour. Erika, Mary, Louie and I started the party. Then Nevin and Shanessa dropped in...(to be clear, Nevin and Mary are married. Mar is a teacher and I work with the rest of these fools).
: )
Then we all beeped by First Friday to see what was shaking there. From there, I zipped over to Ashley and Julio's for dinner. They made THE most amazing fish. Oh my.
After a post-dinner drink, I headed home to see the kiddies. I ended up falling asleep on the couch. Josh got in around 12:30 and we hit the hay. Great to have everything back to normal!

Saturday was FULL of excitement. It was the day - SEC Championship - Auburn v. South Carolina. We. were. pumped. Josh slept in a little but I hopped up and did some cleaning and laundry. I went for a run (3 miles in the neighborhood) then whipped up some Touchdown Taco dip for the game. We had plans to scoot up to Richomond Hill (almost an hour away) to watch the showdown with Braxton and Codi. Braxton works as an engineer with Josh and he's also an Auburn grad. They're just adorable. Dave and Amanda (both AU kids and Dave is another co-worker fo J's). FABULOUS ... EVEN with a few guests going for South Carolina. They didn't have much to say...it was a bona fide a$$ kicking. GREAT for us...embarrasing for the ol' gamecocks. WE BEAT THEM BY 39 POINTS. I mean OUCH!

I loved every minute of it.
Here's a re-cap ... and unfortunately it's determined to post on the left side instead of down the center. Meh.














Mr. Waylan getting in on the football action.
Such a sweet pup!













They had an AMAZING spread. So yummy!















Codi, Amanda and I - the TIC wives. Well Codi
and Braxton are getting married in the fall 2011.















She's super cute and hilarious!


















Victory cake!! Mmm...tastes good!
It must have been made with Spurrier's tears.

I drove us home (yes I was the DD!) and we stopped in for a salad at Zachry's. We listened to the band, had drinks and ate. Then it was home to chill before bed.

Sunday - Woke up and got to cleaning a REAL, hard core cleaning. I did more laundry and watched Celeb Ghosties. After lunch, I went to the gym for three elliptical miles whilst reading "Devil in the White City." It's picking up...I've just met the murderer. PLUS! I did triceps and abs. Then went shopping for some more Christmas decor items at Pier 1 and I also I ran into Publix for groceries and headed home. We got things situated and put up the tree while watching ATL v. Tampa Bay. We grilled steaks and watched "Merry Christmas Charlie Brown" (Yes. We own it.)
Minor setback to this perfect evening - We decorated it and then realized that we must have gotten the branches out of order. They have like 87 color coded branches and we store them in bunches but, apparently, we (and when I say WE I mean ME) got them out of whack when I was putting it up. Now, near the top, there's an obvious difference in length. Oh well. It just makes it look more like a REAL tree. Ha!

Before it went array...Josh and his demon doggie
All done!

The rest of the evening was - chill, read and blog. LOVED this weekend. War Cam Eagle!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like your weekend was a lot of fun! Your Christmas tree looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete