Wednesday, December 8, 2010

90th post, upside down pizza and the return of the hip pain

Hello there bloggies...or readees (looking at you, Mom!) Hope all is going well and you're keeping warm. I feel safe saying that because it doesn't matter where you are - it's cold. Unless you're in the Southern hempisphere ...


Rolling back to Monday...it was a Monday. All day. As usual.


Of course, I was pretty much still on Cloud 9 after the big AU win Saturday. I went to work and got a lot done. The only downside was that I was kind of being heckled by a former co-worker on FB. Then, I had someone tell me that I was a "sore winner" because I was making fun of how shocked Spurrier/SC was - and they were.


Wow. Really? Mind you, this "sore winner" person is NOT a football fan ... nor do "they" follow football. I've never heard of being a "sore winner." It's called BRAGGING RIGHTS. And it's not like anyone who pulls for SC was there/around. I mean...really?


For whatever reason that comment really flew all over me. I mean - really.


I didn't say anything about it - just kind of blew it off. BUT It was in the midst of me envisioning all sorts of retaliatory scenarios when I realized I needed to re-up my "crazy pills" - LOVE da Lexapro. That probably explains why I've been wanting to rip people's faces off lately. : )


* I'm better now. LOL. *


I did the gym at lunch - three miles on the ellipitcal and shoulders. After work, I had my nails repainted with more Shellac. This time I did a chocolate color. I love it. Seriously - it lasted three weeks before and I was a little over the pinky hue.


Of course, I had to get a pedi to go with the nail color. Yes! Then it was home to make a new recipe for Josh. This is one I stole from my bestie, a domestic diva fo sho. I made a little alterations because she's a healthy eater and Josh is not. I also had to subsitute minced onion for the onion slices the recipe called for - he certainly wouldn't go for that. I made a smaller serving since he was the only one eating it.


It looked amazing. (And it was! I had a taste). But I ate a Lean Cuisine lasagna. Equally yummy.


Here's the recipe and a link to Kelly's new foodie blog. It's awesome (as with everything that Kel does). I'm also going to post the recipe below:
Upside Down Pizza
Recipe adapted from an allrecipes.com recipe
Makes 6 Servings

Ingredients
1 pound 96/4 ground beef
½ cup onion, chopped
2 tsp minced garlic
2 cups jarred low-calorie spaghetti sauce
125 grams (a little over 1 cup) fresh mozzarella cheese, grated (divided)
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, grated (divided)
1 (8 ounce) light crescent rolls
¼ tsp Italian seasoning
¼ tsp red pepper flakes
Salt to taste
1 egg white
Dried basil for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat oil in a large pan. Add garlic and stir constantly for 30 seconds. Add onions and continue stirring for 2-3 minutes until translucent. Add beef, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes, and cook, stirring every few minutes, until beef is no longer pink, 6 – 8 minutes. Once done, add spaghetti sauce and stir. Add salt if desired. In a 9x13 inch baking dish, spread a layer of sauce. Top with half of the mozzarella and half of the parmesan cheese. Add remainder of sauce then remainder of cheeses. Top with crescent rolls, pinching seams together. Brush egg white on top. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the top is brown. Sprinkle with dried basil as garnish.

That was pretty much Monday. We ate, chilled, we hit the hay.
Then there was Tuesday. I took my "crazy pill" so it was a better day. Less aggravation. Less wanting to lay the smack down. I got to work and then started to feel a little under the weather. Maybe it was the -800 degrees outside OR maybe it was the fact that Erika is sick, coughing and refuses to take a sick day. (Love my EC but chick needs to go home!) Who knows.
I skipped the gym at lunch. Instead, I went to Target and got Christmas gifts (I also picked up OJ that I force fed to Erika). I toyed with the idea of going back to the gym after work but I didn't. I was tired and hadn't had a "rest" day in over a week. So I took one.
I went home and that's where the hip pain comes in. Now, it's been hurting - the tissue tear. The bursitits hasn't been bad. Like I said before, small movements hurt the ladium tear, especially jerking or crossing motions. Well, I was at home, went to pet the cat when I saw I had a package on the door step. I leaned over to pick it up and when I did all Hell broke loose. I stepped on the cat's foot. She screamed. I jerked my leg back. Massive pain. I screamed. She sat there looking pissed at me and I was doing the same to her. It. hurt. so. bad. And it did throughout the evening (and Wednesday).
Argh.
I went inside and whipped up some chili. The perfect answer to the cold (and comfort for the agony). Mmm...mmm. Now, even I ate that. I couldn't resist. The rest of the evening was spent watching the History Channel and wrapping gifts. I also had a glass (alright TWO) of pinot noir.
Great day.
* Today is also my 90th post - trumpets please - I was going to boast about my committment and dedication. BUT I've had a really difficult time working with the font in the post - and I figure I don't deserve much of a pat on the back.
Still...yay for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment