I've done it again .... multi days sans posting.
Wednesday was a good day. I went to work...worked out at lunch (three elliptical miles). I TRIED to run but that was just an impossibility. My hip was killing me. I looked like a wounded gazelle. Sad. I settled back on the elliptical (that doesn't hurt my hip for whatever reason). I also did biceps then went back to the office.
Later, I had plans to take Josh to the newly opened Buffalo Wild Wings (aka - "Manly Mecca"). I mean, really, 1 billion televisions, a menu chocked full of fried things, sports memorbilia. It's J's favorite place. So we went there (super crowded because it was new) then to Target to get more kitty food - I SWEAR that cat is a bottomless pit. Then it was back home to chill with the pups. Fun time.
Thursday was almost the SAME day...except I was in mucho pain from my hip. Again.
Anywhoo...at lunch we (co-workers and I) went to this new Vietnamese place for Nevin's birthday lunch. I tried this new drink - well, new for me - it's a green tea "Bubble" tea. It's so good and it has pieces of tapiocia that you can suck up...hence the straw being so big.
I also tried Shaness's avocodo tea. That was good too. The food was plentiful and so different. I had a shrimp noodle bowl...way too much food but seriously I ate it all. Eeek.

After lunch, I had to take off to go see about new meds for my hip. That didn't go too well. It's very frustrating. And, it seems, it's a lost cause and I'm running out of options. : ( Surgery is the "sure fire" way to stop the pain. But I don't want to go there...so frankly, I'm at an impasse. I'm thinking of going to another doctor though. Maybe he'll have better suggestions. *sigh*
Needless to say, I didn't work out which is a shame because I consumed way too much of everything Thursday. After my fruitless doctor visit, I dashed by the nail place and got a new Shellac color - this one is French and I'm hoping it stays on like its supposed to...the last color - the brown didn't have the longevity it was supposed to have. *fingers crossed*
From there, I met Ash at Zachary's for some hurried party planning. We're having our Second Annual Ugly Sweater Party at her place Saturday. FUN. But we hadn't done squat for it other than sending out Evites. We had a glass of wine and firmed-up the menu we're going to have...then she left and Josh came by. We ate and had a fabulous convo about baseball greats. He explained why the Babe is so amazing. It was really enjoyable. Then it was home to chill and to sleep. Other than the nagging pain it was a superb day.
No comments:
Post a Comment