Friday, December 10, 2010

Date night, diploma, nails and another race

Hello - as you can see from my previous post - I was thinking about John Lennon Wednesday night. Such a tragedy. : (

But other than that - Wednesday was standard. I did make it back to the gym for some elliptical work and weights. After work, Josh and I went to dinner at Loco's then came back to the house and chilled.

Thursday was a super busy day at the office. Well, I actually was rarely IN the office. I was bouncing all over Glynn County. I left at around 11:30 ran errands (like picking up Christmas-y place mats from Pier 1), hit the gym and then did two assignments on St. Simons. By that time, the day was over. Love it when it goes by quickly!

I was looking forward to a chill night with J but his work schedule wasn't letting that happen. The DOT had planned a ceremony for Friday to mark the opening of all six lanes of traffic through Georgia. Thursday night, they (Josh's project) weren't ready. SO Josh worked from 7 a.m. Thursday to 5:30 a.m. Friday. : (
Me no likey...

When he finally rolled in, I didn't go back to sleep...not really. I got up and went to work. I also picked up my diploma that was framed by Bobby's sister, Beth. LOVE IT! She did such a good job. Now I have to figure out where to put it. I'd really love to re-do the entire office ... but I'll have to wait.

I also got my race packet for Saturday's Jingle Bell Run. It's going to be around 9 a.m. Saturday and there's 500 people doing it. Wowza. It's for a good cause too - CASA - the Court Appointed Special Advocates. The group that helps displaced children.

That should be fun. IF I can run. I haven't tried since Wednesday. I'm still having pain in my hip. I've been carrying around a monster bottle of Ibuprofen. Fingers crossed.

So that's the main excitement. I'm also going to get my hair cut with lowlights. I'm SUPER pumped about that. I haven't had my hair did in months. It'll be sweet. We're also going to a Humane Society gala Saturday night and a youth symphony concert Sunday. Great weekend lined up!

Oh and here's a shot of my new Shellac nail color. It's not black it's a dark chocolate.


2 comments:

  1. The nails look great!! I need to get mine done... bad! That sucks - I don't know how Josh works those hours - i'd die!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks love. I know right? Josh is one tough cookie!

    ReplyDelete