Saturday, December 11, 2010

Jingle Bells and "ice princesses"

Friday, Friday. It takes so long to get here...and goes so fast. We had a great one. We did dinner at a new place, Rambler's Grill. It's in an old sandwich place so the decor/set-up was kind of odd. They also did a lot of weirdo displays - cows and teepees mostly. Not a fan. But the food was yummy. After that, poor J was wiped.. We went home and went to sleep.

Here's a photo of me and little Byron

And me with my newly framed diploma

Saturday was a super busy day. It started with the 5K Jingle Bell run through the historic district -- Jekyll Island. It was for CASA and like 500 people turned out.

My time was not the best - 27:24 - but considering the fact that I was in much pain the entire time...the hip again. Not too shabby. Little Erika came out and even though she's sick she finished in a wowza-inducing 21 mins.

Erika, me and Shanessa

If we look cold, it's because we are! It was like 50 degrees out. Burr.

They gave us all jingle bells to tie to our shoes.

We literally jingled all the way through the historic district.

After the 5K, I dashed home to shower and get ready for my hair appointment. I went dark. Way dark and had some longer layers put in...the result.

Yes. I took this photo at a stop light.
From there, I had to go grab some shoes for the Humane Society gala. I also went to Wal-Mart - blah - and got groceries. I was really excited for the evening. Like I said, big party. Super fun. I had no idea how huge it would be...so it was at Brunswick Manor downtown (in the historic district). Josh and I arrived and were absolutely blown away. There was an enormous tent across the street from the house. Outside, there was snow....along with a very believeable Mr. and Mrs. Claus. Then there were these...12 foot tall "ice princesses" - chicks standing on stools. Ah maz ing.


Bobby and Nancy were there doing photos so I'll have better ones from inside the tent. But this was a big attraction...a cheese table with a woman in the middle of it. She stayed there all night


So let me share some other fun pictures of the night. I could sit here trying to explain all of the elements of the party but honestly it was completely over the top.

Inside the manor with one of the 800 Christmas trees : )

I think I had a way better time than J - so glad he came though.
With Stacy, one of the party's master minds
The event wrapped at 11 p.m. then we went home to watch the tivo-ed Cam Newton Heisman moment. Then to bed...just an outstanding night.

1 comment:

  1. Jingle bells! So cute - what a fun run!

    Your hair looks beautiful - I love! Great pic of you and Josh, too!

    ReplyDelete