Happy Monday, people. I hope you all had lovely weekends. I hear that some of you Alabamians even had a temperate one ... with highs in the 70s - whatttttt??
It certainly wasn't like that here. It was sizzling as per usual and it was beautiful. So we took advantage.
Backing up to Friday. It was the first day with less back pain. Thank God. I was able to get out and about. I took my car to get serviced - I had to get new brake pads and a rotor - not cheap. Not cheap at all. That was a bummer.
I also signed-up for LA Fitness for the classes. I have missed classes and I think it will be good for me to get out and hopefully make some new friends.
I also signed-up for LA Fitness for the classes. I have missed classes and I think it will be good for me to get out and hopefully make some new friends.
Yay friends.
I ran some errands whilst wearing my new favorite shirt that I got in Antwerp. It is super soft cotton and says "The Best is Yet to Come." So this older man reads it, stops me in a drug store and goes "You know I used to believe that." .... "Well not anymore." Seriously. He said that. My thought was "Geez, aren't you just a pocket full of f*cking sunshine."
Oh and on his way out, he goes "I hope things get better for you." WTF, man. I was the one wearing the optimistic tee. You're the Debby Downer. But whatevs. I was buying beer so my response: "It's about to." Ha.
Apparently though, the ol' guy had a touch of ESP cause Friday night didn't really go as planned. Josh came home and we enjoyed some down time with pups.
We grilled - some veggies for me and something carnivoric for the man - and tasted our last few beers (we had 24 to try) and later watched a movie. This time we had Theolonius a darker beer with 9.4 percent alcohol - wow - and Flying Dish Abbey Dubbel Ale.
Josh liked this one a lot. I think it was pretty good too.
And this would be where things go awry. We got into a bit of a spat after dinner And by "spat," I mean I threw an epic hissy fit.
Mainly because he refused to take five minutes to read my blog. Like seriously. You saw Friday's post ... it was a bunch of GIFs that could be read in - literally - three minutes. He didn't want to do that, which hurt my feelings because ... honestly that's all I have now with no job.
Just read my page, dude.
Now you know our secret ... things aren't always buttercups and daisies down here. That's right - we be real. So that was unfortunate. But the next day, all was well. He even brought me wine and flowers.
Mainly because he refused to take five minutes to read my blog. Like seriously. You saw Friday's post ... it was a bunch of GIFs that could be read in - literally - three minutes. He didn't want to do that, which hurt my feelings because ... honestly that's all I have now with no job.
Just read my page, dude.
Now you know our secret ... things aren't always buttercups and daisies down here. That's right - we be real. So that was unfortunate. But the next day, all was well. He even brought me wine and flowers.
FORGIVEN!!!!!!
Never read my blog again ... just bring me offerings everyday!
Another exciting Saturday thing ... I registered for this - the Zombie 5K. But I'm going be a zombie instead of a runner. It's in October which coincidentally coincides with Halloween AND the premiere of "The Walking Dead." So excited. They do your make-up and teach you how to walk like a zombie. You are supposed to chase the runners and pull off their balloons.
... all while scaring the living daylights outta of them. Good God.
OMG.
That's effin terrifying.
The rest of the day we spent some time by the pool
Obsessed with "Game of Thrones" - he's on the second one now
... and then hit up happy hour at Crazy About You (the building next to ours and more of a scouting mission - checkin it out and whether or not we can afford it ... and yes, it's very cool) and our fav, Baru Urbano.
Then we walked over to Biscayne Boulevard for dinner at Biscayne Tavern.
Always get stuck by the damn draw bridge.
Doesn't that seem archaic for Miami? I think so.
Doesn't that seem archaic for Miami? I think so.
The food was awesome. The service ... not so much. Of course, this is South Florida (and tips are often included). I had a bunch of veggie sides. I even tried brussel sprouts for the first time along with spicy spinach and a carrot-mushroom medley. I also had a fried eggplant appetizer AND ate it all. No shame.
Delish.
It was Miami Spice week too ... Miami Restaurant Week. So we got a great deal on the food but less so on the drinks. This was Josh's Duvel (a favorite Belgian beer) we got there. It's teeny. Leprechaun size.
He wanted me to send this to Tijl and Ineke.
Their glasses are much better (i.e. bigger. Bigger is for real always better)
Their glasses are much better (i.e. bigger. Bigger is for real always better)
From there, it was home and to bed. The next morning he got up early for golf with co-workers. I piddled around, cleaning and doing laundry before going to yoga at the gym.
I used to be pretty good at yoga and did it at least three times a week for a year or two back in the 2000s but dropped off when I starting getting so big into cardio. I still stretched but no official classes.
AND it showed. It. kicked. my. arse. Badly.
First of all it, was like doing hot yoga because the room was so friggin toasty. And it was pretty advanced, a lot of the folks in there could do side crow. Really? Side crow. That's this craziness.
Well actually flying side crow - they can do that too.
Not me.
This is it. Side crow.
Um. No.
Who the f*ck are you insanely strong, bendy people?
So hard. I can't do that. Regular crow - sure. Firefly - totally. But not that. I've almost face planted trying to do this a couple of times. I have to work on that. A LOT and probably forever.
In the "good news" department, my leg was happy for most of the practice but whenever I point my toe or flex it ... it still hurts. But it's healing up nicely.
Yes. I'm going to show you a picture of it now. Look away if you must.
Swelling is FINALLY down and the whole thing is closed
I felt great when I was done. The rest of the day was relaxing with the fam. It was a great weekend and, as always, one that went by way too fast.
















No comments:
Post a Comment