Welcome back ... and if you are reading this, it is clear that you didn't blind yourself during Miley Cyrus' disturbing VMA appearance. Congrats on that ... I know it was tempting.
OK so let me back up to Thursday of last week, because we had a bit of excitement. I had a Skype interview with an animal-oriented non-profit about a community manager position.

I studied up on it as my animals supervised.
It went pretty well. Not my best interview but OK. I would love the job because obviously I believe in the cause and I could work from home.

Pre-interview (and pre-Friday haircut) pic
But we'll see. I'm sure things will fall into place. Other than that ... I've also been making a lot of classes at the gym and trying some new recipes.

Spicy veggies, avocado with beans and brown rice, anyone?
But the classes are the real news. I've been doing several a day, including yoga, body pump and cycling. And let me tell you, those cycling classes are tough.
I don't know if I haven't been doing it properly for the past few years or I'm just totally out of shape now (or - most likely a combination of the two) but they are kicking my butt. The bikes are also different. They have a computerized gear system so everyone is on the same page.
Of course, the instructors could also play a part. They are all gorgeous Latinos and super tough. And whilst getting a workout ... I'm getting a Spanish lesson too. They teach the majority of the class in English but they usually wind up saying everything all over in Espanol.
Truth be told ... it's kinda like being taught by Tony Montana.
"vámonos," "arriba, "mas rapido,"
"banda, banda, banda!"
OK that was basically Thursday - thrilling right? So Friday, I got up and went to work out. Then I got my hair trimmed at Ulta, where the sweet stylist complemented my self-applied box color. I picked up some wine and went back home and Skyped with Ine.
Josh had to drive 10 hours Friday (to Tampa and back) for work. We spent the evening relaxing. We ordered in and then went up to the pool deck for hot tub time and to try out some different bottles of wine.

It was the perfect end to the week. Loved it.

No comments:
Post a Comment