Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Odyssey and Antwerp arrival

I made it to Jacksonville and was SO excited to see my hubs who was waiting for me. He was really sweet about my injury and was sorry that he wasn't with me when it happened (obviously he was more sorry that it happened at all).

 
So we flew to ATL

 
Then to Brussels. It was an overnight flight. And thanks to the meds (though un-prescribed for this particular injury) knocked me out and I slept almost the entire way.  

 
 
I woke up over Ireland and saw a beautiful dawn.

 
After we touched down (8:30 a.m. Brussels time) and we were met by our sweet friends. They took us to their casa which is in Antwerp, Belgium. It was such an amazing site ... like stepping back in time. Cliché but it's true.
 
 
Checking into the best "hotel" in the country



From there, we were off to see the city. Josh announced that he was planning to try at least 20 beers while in Belgian ... like


For real though, Antwerp is absolutely one of the coolest places I've ever been. Seriously my favorite place on the trip and seeing it with two bad ass Belgians didn't hurt either.

Pics to follow in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment