What it is, what it is? Hope all is well out in virtual land. I had plans for today but it's cloudy and Mystery Quest is having a marathon on the History Channel. The current one is on Jack the Ripper, so naturally all the plans went out the window. I have always have been obsessed with the murders. It was actually the subject of my first research paper. *memories.* And I've decided to blog whilst watching it.
We've had some exciting events of late. We'll start on Sunday night ... let's say around 2 a.m. I was awakened by Keats who was DESPERATE to get outside to potty. Down we go. We come back up and I figure all is well. And I hoped that it was because I had to get up at 5:30 a.m. to take Josh up to Sunrise to get his truck. He left it there so that his parents could have a spot in our garage (without paying) over the weekend. So I needed sleep. Sadly, Keats' tummy had other ideas. We had to go down again.
I. never. went. back. to. sleep. Naturally, I wasn't my best self. So off Josh and I go to Sunrise. Then I was faced with the great challenge I'm always faced with when I have to drive him out there - when can I return to Miami? It's about 30 minutes north of the city and obviously, at 7 a.m, you don't wanna be trying to get back to town. It's just impractical so you might as well find a place to hideout while rush hour(s) subside before you attempt it.
And even though I felt like this ...
I opted to stay and get some things done. Naturally, the first stop was Starbucks. I killed an hour there with breakfast and blessed coffee. Lots of it. Then I went to Wal-Mart (we don't have one in the city) and later got my car washed. By then, I figured I might as well hang around until 10 a.m. when Sawgrass Mills opened. It's a HUGE mall with outlets as well as regular stores. I needed new sandals. So I went. It was amazing. They have everything from Payless to Gucci. Outlets range from Saks Off 5th to Nordstrom Rack and Coach. Loved it.
I meandered back to MIA around 11:30 (much better traffic-wise). I tried to nap - couldn't - but the pups surely could

I was so frustrated with Keats (though I know she couldn't help it).
I wanted to keep her up the way that she did me. But I was afraid it would turn out like this
I let her be. Poor girl. It wasn't her fault that she was sick. Even so, I was certainly ill. I felt like I was in a bubble all damn day. BUT I couldn't turn in early ... I had the baseball game that night. I'd been looking forward to it. I haven't been to a baseball game since I saw the Atlanta Braves play the Florida Marlins in Miami (the only trip I've taken here before we moved) when I was 10 or so. Josh, a longtime baseball player and avid Braves fan, was pumped too. I figured it would be a nice way to relax ... fate, as it were, had other plans.
So Josh tells me that he has looked up directions. I didn't give it a second thought. He's a smarty and he always drives. He knows sports so obviously he'd pick the right stadium (or you'd think so anyway) and we pass the park when we head out of the city. Easy peasy, right?
Turns out ... not so much. Josh thought we were going to Sunlife Stadium. That's 16 miles away (and at rush hour - so 30 minutes). Off we go. We arrive at 7 p.m. (time of the first pitch) and it's not it. Just an empty stadium used (I believe) by the Miami Dolphins.
We stopped and Google. Josh believes it to be located at Marlins Commercial Park ... 17 miles in another direction. Off we go. About 15 minutes into this trip, I start doubting (questioning why would it be called "commercial"?) Then I figure out that it wasn't right. The real stadium is in Coral Gables. And is three miles from our apartment.
My reaction was this exactly ... except in rapid succession and loudly.
If ever there was a call for excessive profanity, it was then. And it came. To drive a point home ... here's a snapshot of our journey.
By then we were both PISSED. We hated life and we hated each other. But we decided to TRY to have a good night. Josh was like "well it was a journey."
I kind of wanted to punch him in the face. Instead ... I chose to view it like this
You had to laugh to keep from crying. So yeah after a nearly two hour journey ...

Marlins Park
And we did have fun.
It was great, although both teams played pretty poorly and remained tied ... until the 15th inning. Now, mind you, they stop serving alcohol in the 8th inning. SO by the 10th inning I was like
But it didn't. On it went. So long in fact that the folks operating the scoreboard apparently forgot who was playing.
It says Mets on the left
We took the short route home ... you know, the 9 minute, 3.42 mile route. Turns out, right when we left the Braves got six runs in the last inning for the win. That figures.
What a day.
That night I slept like a rock but then had to get up early for FILLINGS. Oh. boy. I do love my dentist though and he's got a sweet office (less than half a mile from my house).
One of many sculptures outside
All was well until he told me ... "we are out of gas because the vendor didn't come over the holiday weekend" ... I was like
Followed immediately by
But Dr. Delgado is a boss. I seriously barely felt the shots (and the nurse held my hand). After that was done, I picked up my latest décor project which made me SO happy. Vintage (from the 20s) snooker balls. LOVE THEM. They "off match" the rug.
We put them by the TV. LOVE LOVE LOVE. So as I said at the beginning ... it's been eventful. And now I'm going to go do stuff and things. I've got to get busy. Belgium in 9 days.























No comments:
Post a Comment