So this post was gonna just be about my packing for Belgium, however I've got to first talk about a big scare that we all had Friday. My mom sent me a text around lunch time and asked that I call her. I do and she says my dad just called her to say he'd been in a car accident. He was being loaded up in the ambulance to go to the hospital.
Apparently a trailer being towed on the back of the truck had come off and hit him head on. Turns out, he was fine ... just cuts and scraps. He had to have his shoulder stitched up but other than that ... he was good.
Apparently a trailer being towed on the back of the truck had come off and hit him head on. Turns out, he was fine ... just cuts and scraps. He had to have his shoulder stitched up but other than that ... he was good.
He looks thrilled right?
So yeah. That was terrifying.
OK back to original programming. I've been planning our trip to Belgium. And by planning, I mean outfit/packing planning. It's going to be a challenge. Not only do I have to get all the stuff to Belgium, first I have to get it all to Enterprise (and pack another suitcase for that).
Of course, those who know and love me are not surprised at all by this. I'm unemployed and my OCD is in overdrive. You don't wanna know how many things have been alphabetized around this piece.
We arrive early Saturday - July 20 - and we're planning to hang out in Antwerp. Then on the 21st, we're going to Mechelen for the soccer game. Then on Monday it's Brugge and Oostende. Tuesday is my big dirty 30 and we're going to take the train to Amsterdam for the day.
On Wednesday, we're going to Houthalen for a barbeque with Tijl's dad and going to a brewery. On July 25, we're taking the super high speed train called the Talis to Paris for the day. On July 26, we are going to Brussels and shopping on July 27th.
We're leaving on the 28th. So I have the rough weather forecast and I'm ready to plan for it. It is gonna be lovely. Check it out.
| Fri | Sat | Sun | Mon | Tue | Wed | Thu | |
|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
| Jul 19 | Jul 20 | Jul 21 | Jul 22 | Jul 23 | Jul 24 | Jul 25 | |
| Weather: | |||||||
| Description: | Sunny. Warm. | More sun than clouds. Warm. | Sunny. Warm. | Sunny. Warm. | Sunny. Warm. | High level clouds. Warm. | Sunny. Warm. |
| High temperature: | 77 °F | 80 °F | 79 °F | 78 °F | 78 °F | 79 °F | 82 °F |
| Low temperature: | 53 °F | 53 °F | 57 °F | 54 °F | 54 °F | 55 °F | 50 °F |
| Comfort Level: | 78 °F | 82 °F | 80 °F | 80 °F | 80 °F | 80 °F | 84 °F |
Now I'm a realist and I know things are bound to change. Even so, I get a sense of pride and self control from being ridiculously prepared. So this is a rough idea. I'm also going to bring extra t-shirts, shorts and tennis shoes. Then maybe a work out outfit or two plus night clothes. So here we go:
July 20 - Antwerp - 79 degrees
Or - and it is the national holiday - this one
July 22 - Mechelen - 79 degrees
July 22 - Brugge and Oostende - 78 degrees
OR
July 23 - Amsterdam - 78 degrees
July 24 - Houthalen - 79 degrees
July 25 - Paris - 92 degrees
July 26 - Brussels
July 27 - Shopping
* Out to dinner at Josephine's










you are so freaking ready for this trip! Love your OCD in Overdrive (and p.s. you will find parenthood oddly, dareisay, easier then people make it out to be as prepared as you always are!!)
ReplyDeleteThe outfits are tres cute and the plan sounds great!
and of course you know I'm so glad your dad is okay - I'm telling ya - someone is trying to take out the Blair's on the road - crazy!!!