Friday, July 1, 2011

"Fluffiness" and weekend plans

I didn't think it would happen but it did. I've gone and gotten "fluffy" again. I weighed today and I weigh the exact same amount I did before I lost eight pounds. Now, I know that a lot of things can influence the scales - water intake, clothing, time of day. But I've been FEELING fatter and my clothes aren't fitting the way they did.

I did so well with my clean eating for SO long. And then, I started celebrating. There was graduation, various farewell events, parties, etc. I started giving myself cheat days here and there. Then the cheating turned into a lifestyle.

Boo. I'm really not depressed though (despite what the funny sign says). I just know that I'm going to have to tighten-up. And I'm aware that will be even harder because I'm training for the marathon. I will tell myself that I deserve to eat this or (even more detrimental) drink this because I've earned it. Not true. I'll never get to where I want to be thinking that way. This just my way of getting it all out there, cleaning the slate and starting over. It's not about beating myself up because I'm a size 4 instead of a size 2 (which I can still fit into just not as comfortably). It's about taking charge.

I'm going to do a carb rotating program Jim developed. This should let me stay lean while having enough carbs to run long distances.

OK. Enough of that. But thanks for sticking with me.

Quick look back hitting the high points:
- Monday - Survived - all I ask of a Monday ... plus Tiffany had baby Charlotte. Exciting. Another friend of mine, Alanya, also had her baby.
- Tuesday - Solid three mile run
- Wednesday - Interviewed a former Navy SEAL Team Six member, met Josh for drinks at Zachry's and later lost $5 to him in a bet over whether or not Patrick Stewart was in "Robin Hood Men in Tights." (It was on TV and when the credits rolled I saw that I was wrong - sh*t!)
- Thursday - Went to see a new orthopedic guy, Dr. Brooks. He's also a runner and we went over my hip issues - bursitis, labrium tear, snaping hip. He was awesome and gae me some GOOD anti-inflamatories. Now, I'm ready to run, which is what I did after I left his office ... another quick three miler.
- Friday - So far so good. Worked out and have plans to take a long walk and do dinner with Marla and Ashley.

As far as weekend, I only know that I'm running five miles Saturday morning. I'm actually OFF Monday and I'm doing a 5K that morning on St. Simons - it's with the Brunswick News team. Whoop whoop.

* How are you marking the holiday?

2 comments:

  1. I hear you on fluffiness girl - i've been feeling fluffy all year. boo. I know you'll be more disciplined to get where you want to be - no doubt!

    Sounds like you've had a great week! i hope your run went well this a.m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After receiving some *news*, I started pounding cake into my face. I'm a cake pounder when I get stressed out. Let me tell you lady, I'm stressed to the max right now (invision me talking to you in my Anchorman voice, will you?). Basically, I'm feeling all kinds of fluffy too.

    My weekend has been spent frantically working on homework, trying to get myself presentable, and getting my life in order so I can peace out at a moments notice. Ahhhhh.

    ReplyDelete