Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fourth of July part I

OK it's taken me until today - Wednesday - to get back in the swing of things after the extended weekend. And, truth be told, I'm not really even there yet. Such a good time, but it totally threw me off.

Let me share ... I'll start with Friday. I hooked up with Ashley and Marla for a three mile run-walk on St. Simons. Then we headed to Bonefish for dinner. Yums.
The girls later introduced me to "Randall" and his various YouTube videos (Honey Badger, Great White Monster, Nasty Bull Frog, etc). These have apparently been a sensation that I didn't know about until now. Ashley was shocked that I'd never heard of it. Here's the link to the honey badger vid.

Basically, it's this very swishy dude narrating these National Geography type videos. Hil-freakin-lar-ious. Check it out.

So that was about all for Friday. Saturday I relaxed, did laundry, washed my car and got groceries. Ash and I ran five miles together and "got our nails did."

Later that night, Josh and I went to dinner at Outback then to meet up with Ashley and Marla at Gnats. It was PACKED (college kids return). Josh and I hid in the corner and watched the band while we waited for the ladies. And wait we did. They didn't turn up for an hour and a half. Of course, it's Ashley so what did I expect?! She's always late. Haha! We still had a great time listening to the music and making fun of those who were super wasted face.

Me with my "balcony view" of the band and crazy drunk peeps

Randall should have narrated this

Sunday fun-day! Even more so because I knew that I was off on Monday. After cleaning the house and doing MORE laundry, Ash and I zipped over to Coastal Kitchen for my favorite lady's performance. Jessica and the rest of Soul Gravy rocked my socks.

Jessica and me at Coastal

Me hanging in the pool

Ash floating and lookin fab whilst doing it

Ash and I played in the pool for a couple of hours and had cocktails. She took me home where J and I grilled. Then we beeped over to Zachry's for Jessica's sister, Sarah, and her band the O'Reallys. Such a great day filled with great music.

J and I enjoying the tunes

Me and Sarah

We went home and I TRIED to (unsuccessfully) get to sleep for the 5K Monday morning. To be continued ...

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Honey Badger! It's SO freaking funny! I could probably watch it all day, every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute swimmie! I heart polka dots - sounds like you guys had a great weekend! Love your balcony spot. :)

    ReplyDelete