Thursday, July 21, 2011

Birthday festivities begin

Whoo hoo. It's been a whirl wind week.

To take you back, and something that I didn't mention for obvious reasons, Josh was gone ALL last week. I know. I wanted to say something about it but I knew that a psycho would find and kill me. Death by blog is no good.

Either way, Josh spent a week in Omaha, Neb., for training. He was missed. But as I mentioned, I learned how to cut grass, got to spend time with my girls and got my fitness on. Not too shabby.

I picked him up on Saturday at the airport in Jacksonville. Rather than sticking to our plan - going to see Harry Potter in the IMAX theater - we just did dinner at Olive Garden and headed home. The pups were THRILLED to see him, as was I.

Sunday, we slept-in - AHMAZING. In the afternoon, we took-in Harry Potter via matinee. We LOVED the movie. Of course, J being the expert pointed out several discrepancies in page v. film, but overall, we were fans. We sat in for a drink at Ruby Tuesdays (next to the theater) to rehash the plot. Whilst there, we got caught up in the women's World Cup finals. Who knew it could be so entertaining! Sad that we lost but they definitely gave it their all.

That's the past week/weekend in a nutshell. As for this week, excitement has been building toward my big 2-8 on Saturday. Oh yeah.

I've been working out and running, of course, but I have been having fun too. I did dinner with Ash and M.T. at Coastal for my birthday. They are SO sweet. They paid for my dinner, brought me ChocoVine wine and ordered me a SUPER cute romper from Limited.

Here we are at the restaurant:

Such a great evening!

Now it's Thursday and have to find a way to wrap up work, eek out a four mile run, get the grass cut, stop at the store and straighten the house all before my parents roll in around 4 p.m. today. Oy.

Still, I can't wait to see them and I know it's all going to come together!

2 comments:

  1. Great pics, girl!! hehe We haven't seen the movie yet - I can't wait though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate when Ryan's away (and would never wish it upon anyone) BUT the crazy amount of independence that I have gained is amazing. I can put together almost any piece of furnature, take care of car biznass, and fix dumb things like faucets. It's like that survival mode kicks in and if I want something to get done, I have to figure out how to do it. So snaps to rocking it lady!

    I hope your birthday is amazing!

    ReplyDelete