But, in my defense, I've writing a lot at work. So much in fact that I've been all tapped out by the time I get home to blog. Imagine ME at a loss for words, but I was ... "true story" as my bestie Kelly would say or now as I would say - I totally stole that phrase from her.
Either who, RECAP TIME! I won't go through the daily grinds (it was bad enough going through those the first time) so I will hit the high points.
First and foremost, I have been making all my runs in the marathon training program. I am still in the low mileage stages (doing the Gallaway method) but it's about to get intense. Next weekend we do 6 then 8 and after that ... no turning back. I'm excited and still nervous. I just don't want to let myself down. Or anyone else (not that they care that much) but when you tell people you're going to do something like this then not follow through ... it's despressing. At least, for me.
OK moving on - other than training I've kind of been obsessed with a few things lately. Let me break it down for you:
1. Home grown grass ... Bluegrass that is. My friends that I've blogged about numerous times - Paul and Sarah Mozo aka the O'Reallys - have ben playing close to our casa (Jekyll Island and Zachrys, our neighborhood bar and grill). Besides being killer muscians, they're also very nice folks. I wrote a column about them last week AND took their pic. Here it is ...
And heres' a sampling of their tunes. I've told her time and again that she sings like an angel - she does!
2. Speaking of mo music - I downloaded Elton John's Greatest Hits CD from iTunes. I've been listening to "Your Song" on repeat. Oh and another song (on a totally different note) ... I'm digging "My Last" by Big Sean/Chris Brown. Great running music. Mumford and Sons has a new song out too "Lover's Eyes" - ah-dor-it.
3. Kate the Duchess of Cambridge. Yes their North America tour is over but I've been flipping through magazines to see - once again - all the cute shiz she wore.
4. One shoulders - I wasn't initally a fan because it can make your arms look fat (the "dunlap disease" of the arm if you will). Now, that's all I want.
5. Randall. Yep, still obsessed. Here is the Great White Shark. "The great whites are just ruthless and mean. It's like having a pick-up truck in the effing water. How gross and crazy ... Yikes."
6. Fattoush salads. O.M.G. I found these when I was writing a story about summer salads. It's Middle Eastern inspired and it's just all sorts of yummy. Here's a link to one recipe. There are several and can be tailored to personal preference.
7. Harry Freaking Potter. Well duh. It's that time. Last movie. We've been waiting for 10 years. I know how it ends (read the book and J read it like three times). Can't wait to see how it translates to film.
8. Red wine. Self explanatory. I will say though if it aids circulation I may have the most proficient blood flow in the known universe.
9. Yard care. Maybe not an obsession but definitely something that I'm spending more time doing recently. I mowed the front and back yard for the first time in my life this week. Seriously. I've also seen more success with my potted plants and flowers. Turns out, they like water. Who knew?
10. Sleep. I've been sleeping in over the last few weeks. It's rocked my socks but I have to get back to risin early soon.
And that's where I'm going now. Off to sleepy town. Happy weekend!
I would have to say I'm obsessed with some hot pink lately. I mentioned to Ryan that I wanted this hot pink shirt from AE, then he came home with one from VS instead. SUPER cute! I even have some hot pink sandals too. I have urges to wear hot pink lipstick with all of it too. That may be overkill.
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend!