Monday, June 27, 2011

Happy news and the weekend redux

I was going to start with a weekend rewind but this is SO MUCH BETTER. A happy announcement: Two of my best friends from college, Harris and Tiffany Carrigan ... yep, these guys ...
have officially procreated. Charlotte Day Carrigan was born Monday at around 3:40 p.m. central time. I'm so friggin excited for them. She's a sweet pea. And looks (almost shockingly so) just like her daddy!


I just have incredible memories of them. Before they were together even and it's just amazing to see how far they've come. *sniffle*


Alright enough of that ... Let me take you back to Friday. And more babies. Not of the human variety. When I came home from work Friday - the duckies were in the yard. They've grown! They're like teenagers now.


Crazy, right? Remember when they were teeny? I do. After I hung out with them (Read: Fed them bread), J and I headed over to the island to meet Louie for some brewskies. Just love him. We chilled and had some cocktails at Loco's then moved the party over to Palm Coast where they had an uber-talented blue grass band called Corn Eyed Trout. We made several friends (none of whom's names I recall now. There was one Egyptian guy that we REALLY liked). So we shut that down and decided it was best to head to the casa. Good idea.

Saturday ... first thing - Louie sent us a text and said, "Where's the donkey that kicked me in the head." Yup. I think that view was shared by all. We hung around the house, did laundry and napped. Then J went to golf and I got my hair cut at Ulta. Just a trim. We met (me meeting J and his golfing buddy, Greg) up a Zachry's during a serious storm rolled through. The lights went out there, meh. We ran by the house then headed to Jekyll Island for a blues band (I was taking a photo for work). They're called Mojo Bone and seriously are probably the most talented group around.


We were also treated to a fantastic sunset after the storm. We grabbed some fresh shrimp and chilled.

Mojo Bone was entertaining too. Sadly the draped plastic ruined my photo op.


Having fun!

We went home early and went to bed. Sunday I got up and ran four miles with Ashley (crazy that we have to move down in mileage to start training - I was doing six). Then it was groceries and house cleaning. We chilled, grilled and turned in early. Fantastic weekend!

1 comment:

  1. how annoying! (when draped plastic ruins pics) Looks like a great weekend though and that's super exciting for Tiffany and fam! Little Charlotte is CUTE!

    ReplyDelete