Back to reality ... unfortunately. It's been an incredible few days of celebrating, eating (WAY too much) and drinking (even more). And, I'm not going to guilt myself for it. Nope not one bit. Just getting back in the swing of clean eating this week.
But here's a run down of the happenings. My folks came into town Thursday. They couldn't stay the whole weekend but they wanted to spend time with me and give me my gifts, which was awesome of them.
Thursday night we went to Trimici's on St. Simons for an Italian dinner and turned in early. Not before taking some ridiculous photos in the parking lot.
Josh came home around 4-ish so they all gave me my gifts - one day in advance but it was fine. I got about four pairs of running shorts, two running tops, socks, and some cute, Kate Middleton inspired nude heels. J got me a camera (though he forgot to get me a memory card so I can't use it yet).
For dinner, it was my favorite restaurant Crab Daddys. Then over to Loco's to hear Sarah and Paul perform. The Braves were playing so that made the boys happy.
My mom loved Sarah's voice - knew she would!
The parentals rolled early Saturday ... my actual birthday. My dad had a legal conference he had to attend and they had to get back for that. But it was SO nice of them to drive a collective 10 hours to wish me happy birthday.
Once they were gone, I headed to the gym for my 6 mile run. The LAST short, long run for the training. I wore this for a little inspiration. Turns out a SATC marathon was on ... so I had all the inspiration I needed.
After the "work" it was time to "play." I got a pedi, then a massage. Oy. Such a happy girl. I even went over to Meo's Suite and picked up some cute dresses (most of which are being returned - sad). I jetted home to get J then we were off to Savannah. We had dinner at the Pirate's House, a haunted restaurant I've always wanted to try.
Here's me in my new dress ...
The food was excellent. And I didn't indulge too much - grilled fish, mashed sweet potatoes and asparagus. But I did go above and beyond on the booze. Oh dear.
Once we left, Josh and I went down to River St., where we got a Call a Cab a tradition of ours. We played pool, got shots from strangers (me) and befriended a cop, Jason, in town for a cop conference. After a pop-in at Churchill's roof top bar, I was pretty much done so we headed home. Josh was super great to drive me back! I had so much fun. Until I woke up Sunday. Ha. It was a little rough. I took it incredibly easy. Bruno Mars kind of easy. I laid around in PJs, snuggled with the pups and watched Criminal Minds all day long. Nice.
And, for dinner, I ate four pieces of veggie pizza. It was AH-MAZING. The best way to cap off the weekend. Bliss.
Yuck! Hangovers are the WORST! I'm glad your birthday was a blast though!
ReplyDeleteTotally ... it's so rare that an occasion is worth the hangover these days.
ReplyDelete