Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorable Memorial Day weekend!

Hey all ... I hope everyone had awesome weekends! Mine was fan-tab, even though I had to work half a day Monday.

Real quick - I'll catch you up on the CRAZY week that was May 23 to 27. I will make it colorful to compensate for my lack of detail.

Monday = I took the day off, bid farewell to the fam, worked out and cleaned. It went by SO fast. Of course, days off always do! Josh worked super late that night so I didn't really see him. Plus I went to bed around 7 p.m. so yeah - I didn't really see anyone. I was just EXHAUSTED from all of the fun.
Tuesday = A busy work day playing catch-up. I hit the gym at lunch and after work I did a three mile run with Ash (accidental but awesome). We were at the gym at the same time. Josh worked late again.
Wednesday = I worked out at lunch. Legs - I swear it never gets easier. After work, I finally got to see Josh. The first time I saw him since Monday morning. Nutso. We just hung out at home ... no date night.
Thursday = Super great news: I got a promotion!!! I am now the lifestyle editor. I will continue to write stories and doing more or less the same thing. I also got a raise. Oh. yeah! We went to dinner to celebrate. Then had some drinks after at our local watering hole, Zachary's.
Friday = We had to bid farewell to a co-worker. I took the day off from the gym and grilled that night with Josh. We hung out on the couch and watched "Patton" but I was asleep by 9 p.m.

So Saturday I was SUPPOSED to run with Erika but she had a friend who came into town last minute. That was a no-go. I did it alone. 6 miles on the tready. After that, I decided to spend some of the graduation money I acquired ... I got a massage. My favorite treat. And this one was warranted because I was having major pain in my left rhomboid.

I decided to try this new place on St. Simons called Snippety Do Da. It's ADORABLE. So colorful and fun. One thing I was NOT betting on, however, is having a guy do the massage. I've never had a guy before. When I was told that "he would be right with me" I got a little freaked. I was like well surely he'll be unattractive or ... ahem, not into women, if you know what I mean.

He was neither. Young, attractive and obviously straight. Awkward.

After he started though, I didn't even think abou tit. He did a great job. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. After that, I met up with Erika and her friend, Bryant, for a beer. Then it was home to get ready for dinner with Josh's golfing buddies and their wives. We went to Skipper's in Darien, a great fish place. But the service was terrible that night.
: (

We showed up at 7:30 p.m. but didn't eat until like 10 p.m. - and most of us never got what we ordered. They were out of baked potatoes - HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?

Anyway ... the company was good. We cut our losses and crashed early. Or as early as you can after eating dinner at 10 p.m.

Sunday = Funday. And boy was it. I got up early and cleaned then I ran three miles. I usually wouldn't have done that but I REALLY needed to get some cardio in because I anticipated having libations later.

And, I did. : P
A few.

We went to a pool party at a restaurant, Coastal Kitchen, on St. Simons. Our favorite band, Soul Gravy, was playing. Several folks we knew were there. It was THE BEST way to spend a Sunday afternoon.



















I loved the set-up. Band on top, salt water pool down below.















From the balcony ... Josh is the REALLY white guy - ha! Actually he's REALLY tan everywhere except for his chest. Major farmer's tan!















Soul Gravy! They're awesome.















I got Erika to come. Check out the drastic light-dark difference!















It was such a blasty that Josh and I decided to follow the band to Zachary's (the aforementioned local watering hole) where we had dinner and chatted with more friends. Such a great time!!

Today/Memorial Day I had to work until about 1 p.m. then I shopped (Lowe's for patio stuff and plants, Target, and Pier 1).

FANTASTIC weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment