It's Friday ... at last.
It's been a hectic week and I'm really looking forward to some down time this weekend WHICH will include a facial. YESSSSS!!!
Quick summary: I made all my weekly workouts and runs. Friday is TBD - workout wise - as of now. I'm super sore and debating whether I should sit this one out before I do my 10K tomorrow. Here's a shot of my Wednesday run which went fairly well.

Without a doubt, the biggest development this week (in my life ... otherwise that would clearly be the death of Bin Laden) was the growing of my family tree. It's really taking off. It's not all me ... although I DEF put in many a hour. The site (ancestry.com) really helps you out. It lets you connect to other people who've done their trees - and who you are distantly related to ... very cool. It also hooks you up with census data plus birth, death certificates.
I've been following about several of my family trails. From my mother's side ... the McInnises, the Spences, the Chanceys and Hesters (total brick wall with them). On the other side, it's the Blairs (my maiden name), the Clans (another brick wall), the Willens and the Schienders. The Willens and Schienders are German. Only three generations were born here. Then it was back to the "Fatherland" ... case closed. The Clans are supposedly Dutch (or so I've been told from family records) but I'm having a hard time placing them. Plus someone along the way died/divorced and a step-father is involved BIG PAIN IN THE ARSE FOR ME.
I've gotten the farthest with the McInnises (my maternal grandmother's family - she is a McInnis) and have traced them all the way back to Scotland. They arrived in South Carolina in 1716 (the first McInnises ever to come to America. I have discovered that we have a tarten, a crest, motto "Again, McInnis" and a "homeland" Argyll, Scottland. It's a BEAUTFIUL place and I hope to visit one day.

Here's the crest and tarten:
I want a dress made out of this like Charolette did in Sex and the City.
Haha!
That was fascinating. Of course, not all of my discoveries have been good ones. Peter Blair my sixth great-grandfather was a slave owner who had a lot of property in Kentucky. That was shocking. It's funny. I've always called my Dad a "yankee" because he was from Kentucky (just to get at him) but ... come to find out ... his family were the slave owners. Crazy! My mother's family (all from Alabama and Georgia) were too poor. They just had 800 kids and created their own labor force.
I'm planning to create a new page for my geneology ... just to keep me on track. And also for my family to take a look at. I haven't done much with Josh's side yet but I will.
And actually this weekend will be another celebration of my heritage ... the Derby. Oh yes. My Dad's family, as I previously pointed out, were all from Kentucky - Louisville actually, where the "run for the roses" goes down. I have an aunt who works at Churchill Downs actually. Josh and I are going to a Derby party at one of J's golfing friend's homes. Can't wait.
Q: What are your weekend plans? I have to run in the a.m., also the facial on Saturday, the party that night and then Keats' has a grooming appointment Sunday. Good times. I just wish I could see my Mama - only two weeks though.
Q: Do you have any interest in geneology? Obviously, it's fascinating to me!


No comments:
Post a Comment