Yes I am! I wasn't "raptured" (ha .... and neither was anyone else). I have been too busy to blog. My apologies.
Last week, I had to get ready for the weekend, yes I prepared all week. Everything had to be "just so" because Sunday was my graduation and we were getting a visit from our parents.
On Friday, I took off work (whoop). I ran 6 miles with Ashley in the morning, then cleaned. The folks rolled in late in the afternoon. My mom gave me my grad gifts, which were awesome.

A Dooney!!! There's a matching wallet too. I also got some CUTE clothes.
We hung out at the house for a bit then drove for dinner on St. Simons Island. We ate at our favorite restaurant, Crabdaddy's. After that, we popped over to Gnat's Landing, this cute beachy bar for one of my fav bands - Soul Gravy. My friend Jessica is the keyboardist/singer. She was/always is simply amazing.
We had a great time ...
My mom, me and my maw-in-law
Me and my Dad - who is a complete dork!!
We really do have a great time together. Every time! We headed home way late but, like I said, such a fun night. On Saturday, we got-up, my Dad and I worked out then we all headed to St. Simons for lunch. After trotting around the Village and a mandatory lighthouse photo, we parted ways, chilled (my folks and I watched a couple of movies - "The Big Lebowski" and "Meet the Parents") and that night we grilled at the casa. Super fun and low key. That put us in the perfect mind-set for Sunday, the acutal graduation day and post-grad party at Bonefish.
I'll save that for tomorrow. I just felt that I needed to get something "up" before you thought I had abandoned ship.
No comments:
Post a Comment