But let me tell you about happier days. That is Friday to Sunday. Friday was a great day. I did a light workout with loads of stretching and 20 minutes of cardio. Then after work it was happy hour with Erika and dinner with Josh at Longhorn WHICH was a huge mistake. I don't know why we go there. We have dozens of locally owned restaurants here that are SO much better. But it's close, convenient, we had a coupon - blah blah. So we go. And the service is TERRIBLE. I mean it's always bad there but this night they really outdid themselves with the awfulness.
The waiter acted like we were a burden - W.T.F - and we couldn't wait to get out of there. I will admit that I liked the food: Salmon for me but it wasn't worth the abuse. Anyway I plan to complain via website but I doubt it would get me anywhere. And since I don't want to go back, I don't know what I'd want from them *sigh* Lesson learned, I guess.
Anyway from there we just went home and hung out with the pups.
Saturday was a busy one. I got up and ran then headed over to the island for my facial. SO nice. Then it was back to the house to make those bourbon balls for the Derby party. Now I had the ingredients for weeks: Bourbon, chocolate and powdered sugar. I had the directions for weeks. However, I didn't READ through the directions. Big mistake. I discovered (with three hours before the party) that I was supposed to put the butter/sugar mix in the fridge overnight. I was also supposed to soak the nuts in bourbon ... overnight. Well I didn't have overnight. I had three hours. (F.M.L.) But I had already bought the stuff and invested time/engery into it so I did the best I could. I soaked the nuts for like 45 mins and put the sugar/butter mix (now in ball form) in the fridge for about the same time. I melted the chocolate and then I was supposed to roll the balls in the chocolate. Yes. That turned out to be a huge friggin mess. But it worked (kinda) and I threw those bitches on a tray and headed out ... feeling a littel defeated.
Not that there wasn't PLENTY of food ...
Other than that little disaster - the people were fun and I met lots of nice ladies (and fellas). All in hats, of course. There I am rocking the black and white dress plus white hat in the front.
The party was at J's golfing buddies' home -- who I never met before Saturday. But I loved them. Super nice. After that, we popped by Zachary's for a drink and headed home.
I got up early on Sunday to clean and do laundry. I went and got lunch - Dominos for J and a turkey salad for me. Then it was time to take Keats to get her hair cut. SHAVED for summer. She doesn't even look like the same doggie. She looks like a cooler much happier doggie. I ran errands and came home to grill dinner. I went to bed early too ONLY to awaken to be sick in the middle of the night. No idea where this came from and I hope it ends soon. Misery.
I got up early on Sunday to clean and do laundry. I went and got lunch - Dominos for J and a turkey salad for me. Then it was time to take Keats to get her hair cut. SHAVED for summer. She doesn't even look like the same doggie. She looks like a cooler much happier doggie. I ran errands and came home to grill dinner. I went to bed early too ONLY to awaken to be sick in the middle of the night. No idea where this came from and I hope it ends soon. Misery.
Here it is
Yuck! I know tummy bugs are going around here like crazy. I hope you feel better! I hate learning lessons the hard way, but sometimes that is the only way I learn. Sigh.
ReplyDeleteI hope you're already feeling better! I request quotes of Keats, please! Love the hat - awesome!
ReplyDelete