Thursday, May 12, 2011

GPA award and weekly happenings

Holla amigos, 
It's Thursday ... the next best thing to Friday.  Honestly, this week has been great (and short due to my work from home day Monday). Here's what I've been up to:

Monday: Working from home, laying around, general misery.

Tuesday: I woke up feeling much better which pretty much confirms that the tummy troubles were food related. I ran three miles outside in the morning then headed in for back and rear delts at lunch. Super fun. I still was feeling a little off so I went to bed early (not that I wouldn't on a Tuesday anyway). But I'm talking about before it was dark. And remember, it doesn't really get dark here until 9 p.m. 

Wednesday: It was another early gym day. I ran one mile with my 2.5 pound leg weights on and kept the speed at around 6.5 mph. Then I beeped off and did my quad-bicep work. I couldn't go back for a lunch routine because I had assignments during that time for work. Of course, it was interviewing a massage therapist who was kind enough to demonstrate some techniques on my "seriously knotted" shoulder. Nice! I'll definitely be going back to her in my off time. It was back to work for some more stories AND a happy announcement from my boss. Several of my co-workers won awards from the Georgia Press Association. 

I was one of them. Whoop! Yes. Not to toot my own horn but "TOOT, TOOT." 

Second place for feature writing. Now, the contests are divided according to circulation. I wasn't up against any "big timers" but still. I was really proud of myself. I got third place for business writing last year but that's not as rewarding as winning for a genre I invest my personality in ... 
alright moving on. 

So I was riding high when I left work Wednesday. Josh decided to take me out to dinner ... at his favorite restaurant. *Yes it was "date night" anyway but I was contemplating picking something up and bringing it home.* Instead we did it BIG (sarcasm) at Buffalo Wild Wings. It was fun though. We had a couple of cocktails and played Trivia. Then it was home and we were asleep (again) before 9:30 p.m. - fantab week. 

Thursday: I was going to get up and do the gym early but I didn't. Oh well. And I didn't go at lunch because we had Shanessa's pre-going away lunch, which was fun. I'm planning to hit it up after work for light cardio plus hamstrings and triceps. I'm hoping to continue the "early to bed" trend tonight and wake up for an early, long run in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment