Friday, June 3, 2011

All apologies

Yes. Like the Nirvana song. I've been having blog trouble as in too busy to sit down and do it. And, once I finally did, the little buggers would disappear.

W-T-F?

*Sigh*

I'm working on an uber-long update this evening. My goings on will be revealed then.

Patience, grasshopper.

But, until then, be content with this funny Somee Card and a recipe that I got from my girl, Kelly at Kelly's Heathified Kitchen.












Mini pizzas - now Kel made hers "heathified" as she does ALL things. HOWEVER these were for Josh and healthy just AIN'T his style. I improvised and fattened them up with real pepperoni, fatty cheese and pizza crush.

Mmm....















Pepperoni Pizza Cups
Recipe adapted from
For the Love of Cooking
Makes 12 appetizers or snacks

Cooking spray
1 tube of refrigerator biscuits (I used pizza crust)
1 ½ cups low-calorie spaghetti sauce (I used regular)
4 oz. 50% reduced fat Cabot cheese, shredded (FULL ON FATNESS)
24 turkey pepperoni slices (Reg. pepperoni)
30 grams Parmesan Cheese, shredded
dried oregano
dried red pepper flakes

Preheat the oven to 375. Coat a 12-hole muffin tin with cooking spray. Cut each biscuit in half then press dough into the bottom and sides of each muffin tin. Repeat with remaining dough. Spoon 2 tbsp sauce into each cup. Top each with 2 slices of pepperoni, 10 grams cheddar cheese, 3 grams Parmesan cheese, and oregano and red pepper flakes. Bake for 15 minutes or until the crust is brown.

Nutritional Information (per cup): 140 calories (my version was much worse), 15 carbs, 7 fat grams and 5 protein grams.

I had a bite - and it was PHENOMENAL!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I need to make those ASAP! They looks mighty tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't these amazing?! Honestly -I don't think Josh would have noticed the less fattening ingredients - true story. That's why it's healthified and not healthy!! :)

    I LOVE that someecard. Just remember you're going to die. LOL Why does that crack me up?

    ReplyDelete